Customer Service Representative
Hood River Garbage, a Waste Connections company, is looking for a high energy Customer Service Representative to join the team in Hood River, Oregon. Previous waste experience is a huge plus!
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM with an hour lunch break and two scheduled 15-minute breaks. Hourly wage is $19.50/hour, with the opportunity for monthly performance based incentives.
As a Customer Service Representative you will feel like you’re a part of a tight knit team that works together towards a common goal, making our Customer Service the best in the industry! Can you turn issues into opportunities? Are you looking for a great career with a great company? Our employees are our most important asset and we do everything we can to support their growth and promote a positive culture. If you’re interested in finding out why our employees love working here so much, apply today!
Work Hard Play Hard! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important and they feel the appreciation.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, pharmacy coverage, dependent care and health care flexible spending accounts, long term & short term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time-off, sick time-off, 401K retirement plan, and an employee share purchase program. Plus unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in conjunction with other departments to resolve customer disputes & demonstrate the ability to become proficient in the use of proprietary operational systems.
- Interviews customers and records interview information into computer for customer service, talks with customers by phone and in person, to receive orders for installation, turn on, discontinuance, or change in service.
- Fills out contract forms, determines charges for service requested, collects deposits, prepares change of address records and issues discontinuance orders.
- Demonstrate effective use of software applications, at a minimum MS Word and Excel proficient.
- Delivers services to customers in a manner that promotes goodwill. Interacts with customers and Waste Connections employees to determine service requirements and resolve problems or complaints in a courteous manner.
- Work in a fast paced, cooperative, high call volume environment with very detailed expectations.
- Solicit sale of new or additional services.
- Assist in other areas as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Working areas are clean, ventilated, and well lighted.
- CSR call area can be noisy and work may be repetitious and stressful, with little time in between calls.
- Some calls are evaluated to ensure high standards.
- Long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen are very common.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2 years of Customer Service experience in a high call volume atmosphere.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and Email preferred. Typing and 10-key skills are required.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems. Gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)