Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Fleet Manager in Training
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
The Operational Management Trainee - Fleet position is part of a developmental training program designed to develop individuals into a Fleet Manager role. Tasks will be directed and supervised by Fleet Managers. In this position, Trainees will develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to be able to lead, implement, and monitor the maintenance processes that support operations, maximize fleet performance, and manager the full fleet of primary and secondary equipment within the assigned area.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops a working knowledge of Waste Management's Fleet and general business applications.
- Responsible for developing the skills to become a Fleet Supervisor and then a Fleet Manager.
- Completes assigned computer-based training.
- Develops a strong understanding and dedication to the Waste Management Safety Program.
- Works with Corporate and local safety teams to continue to create an aware and observant safety conscious culture.
- Participates in worksite meetings, huddles, and mentoring programs.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Occasionally responsible for assigning activities to other employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Associate's Degree (accredited) in a Diesel Technician Certification program or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Less than six (6) months of previous work experience required (in addition to education requirement).
- None Required
- None Required
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply".