Compactor Repair Technician – 2500 Sign On Bonus
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Sign-On Bonus: $2,500
Shift: Monday - Friday beginning at 6:00 AM
Annual Boot Allowance
What is the value of a WM job?
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It’s a way to create opportunities for you and your family.
We Are Stable: Our WM team is home every day, and our team members perform essential and meaningful work.
We Are Committed to Growth: 100% tuition paid for benefits eligible employees and their family, and established career progression.
We Are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401K with match, discounted stock options, dependent day care, and more!
Who are we? #WeAreWM
Ready to roll with us? Click Apply to join the Waste Management team today.
I. Job Summary
Installs, services, and repairs refuse compactors at the customer's location.
Preferred Applicants will have:
• A minimum of 2-years Comparable Experience
• Experience with Hydraulics, Electrical (440V), Welding (MIG and Stick), Plasma Cutter
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Must have general welding, electrical and hydraulic skills and must be able to fabricate metal on site as needed; must also be able to read electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Performs routinely scheduled services to the refuse compactor at the customer's locations. Inspects, greases, changes/filters hydraulic oil, and changes filters on the refuse compactors. Adds hydraulic oil as needed.
- Checks the units for stress cracks and other safety hazards.
- Checks the electrical connections, replaces the circuits, solenoids and pressure switches and repairs wiring as needed.
- Operates the units, checks the pressure with a gauge and adjusts the cycle speed as needed.
- Installs and replaces total units.
- Uses a hammer drill to anchor the units and mount the guard rails.
- Fabricates hopper, shoots, platforms, steps and handrails.
- Tests, diagnoses and repairs hydraulic hoses and systems.
- Performs service calls to make site repairs.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts using a cutting torch, porta-power, sledge hammer, and hand tools.
- Maneuvers the service truck safely to and from the service location.
- Instructs site personnel on the proper operational procedures and has a safety standard sheet signed by the site supervisor.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Required: Two years previous experience.
- Preferred: High school diploma or G.E.D (accredited)
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements occasionally;
- Normal setting for this job is: outside/compactor repair.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.
mechanic technician tech plant maintenance site