Wash Rack Operator Landfill
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
The Wash Rack Operator is responsible for washing out trucks on location. This position requires a hardworking, self-motivated individual who can work in all weather conditions.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Wash out trucks (end dumps, vac trucks and roll-off boxes) in an oil-based mud safety sensitive environment.
- Provide exceptional customer service; turn on and off pumps, spot trucks entering and exiting the wash pad.
- Clean up the mud in the wash bay so it can be loaded in a haul truck, wash handrails making the workspace a clean safe environment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds continuously, lift hoses, climb ladder racks and stand for long periods of time in wet conditions.
- Identifies and reports problems by making sure all equipment used in the wash bay is always ready and in working condition. This includes but not limited to checking oil in pumps, ensure washout hoses, fitting and nozzles are secure, make sure pump is not leaking, check water fill lines to washout tanks, ensuring hose is not cracked or compromised.
- Understands and follows all safety policies & applies good safety practices while working. Proactively reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Accomplishes multiple tasks within established timeframes.
- Ability to train on heavy equipment which is used for cleaning the wash bay.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D (accredited).
- Experience: Zero (0) to four (4) years of previous experience (in addition to education experience).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.