Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Market Area Safety Specialist
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
About the Job
Implements and coordinates business unit safety programs required for compliance with OSHA regulatory requirements and company safety policies.
What you'll be doing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Develops district-specific plans with district manager.
- Administers rules and conducts site assessments to monitor safety compliance.
- Trains and mentors field operational management within assigned business unit regarding the safety process. Provides oversight for all operational safety training within business units.
- Analyzes risk trends and manages risk associated with safety compliance.
- Identifies, counsels and coaches employees who routinely work in environments with high risk to safety.
- Serves as a team member for Safety Operational Assessment Review (SOAR).
- Consults and provides input towards annual safety budget.
- Participates in corporate safety committees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Three (3) years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
- Valid Drivers License
- Strong knowledge in Safety Rules & Regulations including DOT and OSHA, strong communication and leadership skills, and public speaking experience required.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.