As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Competitive Pay + Benefits
Sign-On Bonus: N/A
Shift: Monday-Friday, Shift start times vary, some weekends may be required
What is the value of a WM job?
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It’s a way to create opportunities for you and your family.
We Are Stable: Our WM team is home every day, and our team members perform essential and meaningful work.
We Are Committed to Growth: 100% tuition paid for benefits eligible employees and their family, and established career progression.
We Are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401K with match, discounted stock options, dependent day care, and more!
Who are we? #WeAreWM
Ready to roll with us? Click Apply to join the WM team today.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies? Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide opportunity for growth? Our technicians are trained to provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our technician's safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our technicians and managers. Pride, safety, training, growth, opportunity, great benefits, rewards check us out, we may be the company for you.
I. Job Summary
Performs various routine duties, housekeeping, clean-ups and assist the facility maintenance technician sr performing a wide variety of skilled mechanical duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and modify mechanical equipment and facilities.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Picks up trash, maintains lawns and bushes.
- As required, cleans up spills, digs ditches, etc.
- Fills in various areas due to overloads or absences.
- Picks up parts from suppliers away from facility.
- Maintains and operates the Sanitary Treatment Unit to include operates sanitary truck to empty septic tanks and empty sumps as needed.
- Performs basic electrical and carpentry work.
- Weekend Compliance
- Assist facility maintenance technician sr with the following duties:
- Plans and lays out work using blueprints, drawings, and general instructions.
- Performs maintenance tasks, troubleshooting and repairing a wide variety of equipment.
- Repairs systems requiring the isolation and replacement of pumps.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks as required.
- Fabricates parts as required.
- Does plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, and electrical repair or installation as required.
- Provides assistance, training, and leadership to mechanics with less experience.
- Perform special projects and other duties, such as writing preventative maintenance instructions from manufacturers specifications.
- Complete necessary forms and records.
- Operates Heavy Equipment or other company vehicles (examples vacuum truck, sanitary truck) as needed.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job descriptions.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: 4 or more years of Maintenance experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Current valid Driver's License
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- NEW EMPLOYEE TRAINING
- HAZWOPER (24 Hour)
- DOT & M2Z (Driver Only)
- RCRA / HAZWOPER Training:
- Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)
- Superfund Amendment & Reauthorization Act (SARA)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA)
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
- Hazardous Waste Transportation Act (HWTA)
- Code of Federal Regulation (CFR 40, 29, & 49)
- Contingency Plan
- Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure Plan (SPCC)
- Security Plan
- Standard Division Practices (per department) (SDP's)
- Refresher Training As Required By Law
- Medical Exam
- Pre Employment Physical and Drug Test
- Complete Physical Biennially
- Pulmonary Function Test (PFT), Audiogram and Respirator Fit Test annual
- Physical at Termination
- Respirators: Full face OV/AG or half face with face shield
- Full face supplied air in some arrears
- Suit Appropriate Barrier Suite: Liquid, yellow Tyvek with sleeves, apron, booties Solid white tyvek
- Gloves appropriate to hazards present PVC over Nitrile or Butyl (Liquid Waste) Leather Work (Solid Waste), Leather/Cloth work (when handling equipment or containers)
- Overshoes Vinyl Booties Waterproof boots chemical resistant boots
- Safety glasses
- Hard Hats
- Shoes Steel Toe
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: facility maintenance shop/disposal site; repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."