Driver Tractor Trailer Transfer Stations
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
I. Job Summary
Safely operates a tractor trailer to perform assigned duties on designated routes.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Route Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch or Route Manager of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits customer tickets when excess yardage must be removed.
- Positions containers on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an upright position, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: 1 year of experience within the last 7 years operating a vehicle requiring a commercial driver's license (CDL) or military equivalent.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Required: Commercial Drivers License A
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 18 years of age.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Acceptable driving record required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than _ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to _ lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
What is the value of a WM job?
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It’s a way to create opportunities for you and your family.
We Are Stable: Our WM team is home every day, and our team members perform essential and meaningful work.
We Are Committed to Growth: 100% tuition paid for benefits eligible employees and their family, and established career progression.
We Are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401K with match, discounted stock options, dependent day care, and more!
Who are we? #WeAreWM
Ready to roll with us? Click Apply to join the Waste Management team today.