Environmental Protection Specialist Landfill I
Site Location: Livermore, CA
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
Using established procedures under close supervision, administers and assists in implementing Environmental Protection (EP) programs in assigned districts within a Market Area. Serves as district EP contact to assist field operations personnel and management with technical guidance on EP topics and regulatory environments. Monitors and investigates compliance status providing training and to site and district management and operations personnel.
Generally, this position is responsible for districts within a Market Area.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares, reviews and submits required environmental reports for internal and external audiences as required. Maintain EP data tracking system databases (Cycle, Dakota Tracer) and provides company related reporting.
- Communicates and implements the Corporate EP program policies and strategies within assigned districts. Serves as districts EP contact regarding incident notifications, environmental issues and permit applications.
- Monitors and records site operations and engineering efforts to maintain compliance. Investigates and assesses the regulatory findings and analysis and prepares related documents. Identifies local, state and federal regulatory impacts to operations.
- Plans, organizes and secures related environmental permits and other regulatory approvals. Prepares related documentation.
- Responsible for developing, coordinating and overseeing district EP testing, investigations, assessments, guidance and reporting.
- May administer customer waste and special waste disposal approvals.
No supervisory responsibilities are required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Environmental Science or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma, GED or High School Equivalency and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: One (1) year of previous experience (in addition to education requirements).
- Requires knowledge of regulatory environment as it applies to environmental protection and compliance.
- MS Office familiarity, general computer acumen and ability to learn to utilize other job-related technical software. Familiarity with statistical methods. Research skills. A working knowledge of the company's operations and business hierarchy.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
The salary range for this position is $65k – 75k per year. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s relevant experience, education, training, certifications, qualifications, and work location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive pay.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."