IT Field Technician
Waste Connections is hiring in IT! We are currently searching for an IT Field Support Technician to support our Southern Region districts and will be based out of the Austin and San Antonio, TX area. The supported region also will include South, Central, and West Texas. This position will be responsible for various IT support requests, remote site support, and corresponding IT related issues that need to be addressed to keep districts running properly. Travel to supported sites will be required for IT field support when remote assistance will not suffice. This includes responding to and resolving a wide variety of system related issues using helpdesk incident management software to enhance end user productivity. The IT field tech will install, configure, or maintain core WCI software applications, Manage Active Directory Security group memberships, order, and setup mobile devices, deploy new software releases and patches, setup new PCs and assist with telecom projects. This position also requires installation and configuration of Ubiquiti network and security cameras. Technician will also assist with management of billing software based on SQL databases and assist with acquisitions. This is a hands-on, multifaceted support role that is challenging yet rewarding, and requires a candidate who is a self-starter and has desire to learn new technologies.
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: We define integrity as “saying what you will do and then doing it.” We keep our promises to our customers, our employees, and our stockholders. Do the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason.
- IT Field Technician Travel expense Reimbursement and competitive mileage compensation when utilizing personal vehicle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of TCP/IP networking. Cisco Switching configuration, Cisco routers, Meraki SD-WAN, ISP procurement, Wireless Bridging, Port Configuration (VLANs, Port Configurations, etc.)
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Microsoft Office Suite PC and Laptop hardware configuration and troubleshooting. Build and configure end user systems including WCN required security software suite.
- Maintain district VOIP phone systems, including procurement and configuration with Spectrum WAVE VOIP services.
- Basic Microsoft Windows end user configuration (profiles, printers, application, and AD group membership configuration)
- iPhone and Android phone procurement, configuration, troubleshooting, and repair. (ATT and/or Verizon)
- Support coverage of District site and field locations will require up to 25% travel schedule including overnight, and periodic extended stays dependent on project and workload.
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least four of the following areas:
- Windows 10/11 OS fundamentals
- Thin Clients and Citrix Software fundamentals
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012 - 2022
- VOIP Telecom Phone systems
- Microsoft SQL database principles
- General Networking principles
- Aptitude for IT troubleshooting methodology
- Willing to adapt, learn and be independently proficient.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2 years or more of Network Administration and support
- Experience working with Microsoft OS and Office Applications
- Cell phone and app proficiency
- Independent with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient time management and organizational skills
- Proficient Communication with Districts and associated team members
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)