As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.I. Job Summary
Ensure delivery of excellent customer service through accurate and fast processing of orders. Provide logistics support for domestic movement of refurbished materials. Communicate and coordinate with other departments and partners in fulfill customers’ needs. Build and maintain business relationship with freight forwarders, Intermodal, and suppliers by providing prompt and accurate service.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate with vendors, installers and freight forwarders on transportation of equipment to and from suppliers’ locations to customers’ sites
- Arrange and negotiate third-party freight costs, when needed, for timely servicing of all customers waste by-product pick-ups by using WM approved carriers.
- Monitor and maintain shipment status via computer system.
- Report transportation challenges and issues to Manager in a timely manner. Investigate and solve issues with shipments for both vendors and customers.
- Initiate calls to customers to set up deliveries, advise shipment delays and/or information necessary to set up deliveries. Initiate traces with carriers and railroads for Bill of lading (BOL) or proof of deliveries (POD) when needed.
- Review transportation costs with the Ops, Supply Chain, Sales and Marketing groups.
- Develop interactive relationships with vendors, customers and outside freight carriers.
- Mine, analyze, and present data, pertinent to transportation, to Manager.
- Responsible for and retain all necessary documentation for all shipments, which
- Collaborate with Accounting to ensure timely and accurate invoicing. Record and prepare vendor payments in accordance with contracted terms. Ensure proper billing of freight and special charges. Issue debits and credits as necessary.
- Resolve downgrades and rejects of equipment by dealing directly with the customer and the vendor. Gather and process the cost information by negotiating pricing with the customer and/or vendor to minimize the overall impact to the company and customer, with approval by account manager.
- Work with other supervisors/managers to coordinate services and keep them informed as issues arise.
- Project a knowledgeable, enthusiastic, positive attitude that encourages customer and employee confidence and reflects the professional image desired by WMCS.
- Attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity and efficiency.
- Provide timely feedback to direct supervisor regarding service failures, customer complaints or any other matters regarding his/her attention.
- Provide timely and accurate information to incoming customer order status and product knowledge requests.
- Works to meet or exceed service level agreement (SLA) and operational goals established, including productivity, quality, and timeliness goals.
- Collaborate with sales representatives to meet and exceed customers’ service expectations and develop solutions to ensure smooth material movement.
- Perform other special projects and tasks as assigned.
- May provide direction or support to less experienced Customer Service Representatives.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited). Bachelor or Associate degree is highly desirable.
Experience: Two or more years previous logistics experience in the transportation or trucking service/industry.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Experience with Microsoft Office; basic Excel required.
- Work experience that required the use of a computer.
- Analytical skill. Able to present complex business situation to leadership
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
The salary range for this position is $22-$25/hr. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s relevant experience, education, training, certifications, qualifications, and work location.