WM Way Coach
Market Area Position covering Albany, NY to Buffalo, NY (multiple sites within NY State.) Individual does not have to reside in the Albany area but must be willing to travel within NY.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WM, a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
As the WM Way Coach, you will work with site leadership to train Operation, Fleet and Dispatch Leaders as well as other Department groups to align business solutions with the company’s strategies and initiatives and have a background in Leadership, Training, or Business Process Optimization (BPO).
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works with management, and individual team leaders by contributing strategic vison and integrating a broad range of ideas regarding business solutions development.
- Contributes high level expertise in business processes and systems analysis while considering the business implications to the current and future business environment.
- Responsible for deliverables, cost, schedule, and quality of one or more enterprise solutions projects.
- Works with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other partners to resolve problems, respond to suggestions for improvement and enhancements, test, refine and institutionalize solutions.
- Drives the project(s) and the organization toward achieving business results.
- May act as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff demonstrating coaching, mentoring, and leadership skills
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- This job has no direct reports but may occasionally be responsible for delegating assignments and tasks on a project basis. Also, may be assigned coaching/mentoring tasks to help develop less experienced team members.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Five (5) years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Core Competencies Required:
- Aligning Performance for Success – Focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Building Partnerships – Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Building Trust – Interacting with others in a way that give them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Coaching and Developing Others – Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Facilitating Change – Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities, facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- High-Impact Communication – Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions.
- Influence – Having a positive impact on others (senior leaders, peers, & front-line personnel), to persuade or convince them to gain their support. Persuasive and engaging, to the point of building buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Demonstrates Self Awareness – Demonstrates awareness, accurate assessment and control of one's own emotional state, attitudes, beliefs system, image, and strengths in a way to maintain momentum, personal effectiveness, and emotional stability, even in the face of adversity, provocation, stress and/or high workload.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty. Accepts change in job requirements, schedules, or work environments as part of job. Adaptable with the unknown.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Background in Leadership, Training, or Business Process Optimization (BPO).
- Leadership potential including ability to influence up, down, and across the organization.
- Experience in Transportation, Logistics or Service Industry (preferred).
- Has good career progression.
- Ability to travel 75%.
At WM, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.