Vendor Payables Rep II
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
The Vendor Payables Rep II is responsible for reconciliation of 3rd party Parented and Master Service Agreement Holders for outstanding receivables and payments. In addition to performing analysis on pended invoices for charges unsupported by service agreement between Waste Management and 3rd party suppliers.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Reviews and maintains relationships with designated vendor books of business
- Validates and records all discrepancy details of services rendered with 3rd party supplier via phone, e-mail and fax
- Conduct/Hosts weekly conference calls with assigned vendor(s)
- Performs trend analysis on AR reports such as dollar amounts, reoccurring discrepancies and/or customer SLA
- Reconciliation of credit card and check payments request to 3rd party suppliers
- Coordinates and maintains all inquiries sent to the Vendor Payables inboxes
- Performs adjustment audit imports
- Performs audit of open short payments that result in a Closed or Settled status
- Submits outstanding vendor invoices for reconciliation and payment
- Special projects, as assigned
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Associate's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 2 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize based on department and company standards
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Detail orientated and excellent problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel; intermediate level (pivot tables and v-lookups are standard practice)
- Excellent customer service skills are required
- Basic accounting knowledge and billing concepts; good math aptitude and ability to work accurately with numbers are essential.
- Internal candidate must be performing in an above average capacity in their current position, be an employee in good standing and have at least 12 months service in their current position.
- Knowledge of Waste Management services, policies and system interfaces a plus.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: hybrid office setting.
The salary range for this position is $21-$23/hr. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s relevant experience, education, training, certifications, qualifications, and work location.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.�