Billing Senior Clerk
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
Utilizes incumbent knowledge and skill-set to compile data and prepare company invoices and bills.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Reads computer files or gathers records such as purchase orders, sales tickets, and charge slips, to compile needed data.
- Enters information into computer or computes amounts due.
- Prepares invoices, listing items or services sold, amounts due, credit terms, and dates of shipment.
- Prepares bills of lading and lists weight and serial number of items sold. Prepares shipping labels.
- Prepares credit memorandums to indicate returned or incorrectly billed merchandise. Prepares credit forms for customers or finance companies.
- Posts relatively complex transactions to accounting records such as work sheet, ledger, or computer files.
- May provide support or direction to less experienced billing clerks.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: Four years of relevant work experience in Billing, Accounts Receivable or other position in Accounting/Finance or related field (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At WM, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply”.