GreenWaste of Tehama, a Waste Connections company, is looking to hire a safety minded CDL Driver to join the team in Red Bluff, California!
This is a physical job where you will be working outside in all weather conditions.
5-8 Schedule, Monday-Friday with a 4:30am start time, occasional Saturdays as needed. Starting pay is $23-25/hour.
What we have to offer:
- Competitive pay
- Year-round, full-time work
- Safety Bonuses
- Boot Allowance
- Great family benefits and 401k match.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate a garbage truck or street sweeper truck on specified routes to collect solid waste or clean streets. Waste experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement
- Clean driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)