COLLECTIONS REPRESENTATIVE / FULL TIME / BENEFITS
E.L. Harveyis looking for an experiencedCollections Representative to join the team at ourWestborough, MAlocation.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of collections and billing transactions and processes.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate challenges and professionally present actions and solutions, along with excellent customer service skills.
- Reconciles and applies customer payments posted on account.
- Monitors the status of delinquent accounts, via the collector dashboard, taking care to see high priority tasks to completion. Ability to prepare accounts status reports in a regular basis .
- Research customer inquiries related to billing concerns and misapplied payments, escalating more complex matters through the appropriate channels.
- Understands issues and problem accounts impacting the portfolio and communicate systemic or recurring items to avoid further delinquency.
- Processes payments from delinquent customers and negotiate payment arrangements and/or settlements when necessary.
- Accurately and concisely documents actions taken on assigned accounts with the system application.
- Responds timely to requests and questions from other Departments including Sales, Customer Service and Billing.
- Initiates or processes write-offs, bad debt recoveries, and credit memos in accordance with defined procedures and levels of authority.
- Have the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional and positive demeanor.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Associated Degree in accounting preferred
- 3 years of collections or relevant experience required preferred
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)