I, Industrial Dewatering Operator In Plant
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
The Refinery & Petrochemical Process Tech I is primarily responsible for operating and maintaining process equipment. This person will be required to safely operate Thermal Desorption Technology, Centrifuge Technology and/or chemical treatment.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Assists job site construction.
- Operates and maintains site process equipment.
- Records and maintains daily operations and preventive maintenance logs.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: No prior work experience required (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- TWIC Card.
- Forklift Certification.
- Basic Plus Safety Training.
- OSHA Hazardous Material training a plus.
- Pre-assignment and/or pre-hire customer-specific drug and/or alcohol testing may be required by certain customer-contract requirements. Such testing may include urinalysis, oral swab, drug hair follicle testing and/or alcohol testing.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Must not be color blind.
- Must have the ability to operate an all-terrain forklift.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions for extended periods.
- Computer proficiency skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Base shift schedule is Monday – Friday from 6 am – 6 pm. routinely. Additional weekend and alternating night shifts may be required.
- Additional call out hours for Saturdays and Sundays are expected, with longer working hours required during turnarounds or upsets.
V. Work Environment and Essential Functions
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 50 pounds frequently;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) frequently;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements frequently;
- Normal setting for this job is: refinery or petrochemical complex
The pay range for this position is $23 - 27. The specific pay offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s relevant experience, education, training, certifications, qualifications, and work location.
At WM, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.