Heavy Equipment Technician
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
Performs complex preventative maintenance tasks and troubleshoots and repairs a wide variety of equipment (Trucks and Yellow Iron).
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Repairs as needed equipment (including, but not limited to, bulldozers, scrapers, backhoes, front end loaders, yard trucks, farm tractors, forklifts, and company cars).
- Diagnoses and repairs differentials, hydraulic systems, motors, transmissions, drives, air conditioning systems, and electrical systems.
- Performs tasks per preventative maintenance checklist.
- Completes records such as work orders, card files, P.M. checklists, and oil samples.
- Services and maintains other equipment such as light plants, water pump, welders, and other equipment.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job descriptions.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: One (1) year prior Heavy Equipment diesel maintenance experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment, skill in repair of special purpose equipment, ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks, ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles, ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program, and knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required.
At WM, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.
What is the value of a WM job?
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It’s a way to create opportunities for you and your family.
We Are Stable: Our WM team is home every day, and our team members perform essential and meaningful work.
We Are Committed to Growth: 100% tuition paid for benefits eligible employees and their family, and established career progression.
We Are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401K with match, discounted stock options, dependent day care, and more!
Who are we? #WeAreWM
Ready to roll with us? Click Apply to join the Waste Management team today.