Second Shift Lead Mechanic
Rock River Disposal, a subsidiary of Waste Connections has an immediate opening for a Lead Diesel Mechanic to join our team in Rockford, IL . In this position you will be working on our fleet of garbage trucks and equipment. As a the Lead Mechanic, you will be responsible for maintaining Waste Connections vehicles and equipment in a safe working order. The Lead Mechanic will work directly with the Maintenance Manager to ensure that all vehicles meet all provincial regulations and standards, and WC safety standards.
Why work for Waste Connections?
- ~Competitive Compensation~
- ~Safety Bonuses – Get rewarded for your safe habits~
- ~Yearly Boot Stipend – Get your boots covered~ Company uniforms also provided
- ~Benefits Plans – Keep yourself healthy~
- ~Matching 401(K) – Connect to your future
Pay rate: $30.00-$33 depending on experience plus approximately 12-15 hours of overtime weekly (overtime is time and a half after 40)
Schedule: 4 pm to 3 am Monday-Friday with occasional Saturdays
Benefits: We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
- 3-4 years of experience as a Heavy Duty Mechanic or Lead Hand experience
- Commercial Driving License is an asset
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs repairs and maintenance on heavy-duty trucks and other vehicles or heavy equipment to maximize safe and productive operations
- Typical repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and tires
- Road tests vehicles to troubleshoot problems and test repairs to ensure proper and safe completion
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status.