Diesel Fleet Maintenance Supervisor / Maintenance Manager Training Program
American Disposal has an immediate opening for a DayshiftMaintenance Supervisor for our Manassas, VAoperation. This position is part of a Maintenance Manager Training program that will likely require relocation after approximately 12 months of employment. In this role you will be trained how to become a Maintenance Manager within Waste Connections.
- Ensures adherence to the corporate safety program.
- Fosters collaboration between and among personnel.
- Ensures adequate training of mechanics, PM mechanics, and other shop personnel.
- Ensures location is in compliance with all regulatory agencies and statutes.
- Responsible for the control of inventory and maintenance of equipment.
- Prepares purchase orders and researches best prices on parts or repairs from vendors.
- Discusses maintenance issues, contract, and warranty work with vendors.
- Schedules and assigns work to mechanics and shop personnel.
- Assists in monthly financial projections and annual budget.
- Responsible for maintaining department’s costs within budget.
- Trains and assists mechanics on methods for diagnosing and repairing vehicles and equipment.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounts for applied times (work order times vs. time card times).
- Perform repairs and maintenance on front-end loaders, rear-end loaders, roll off, and other vehicles, machines, or heavy equipment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have ability to plan, budget, schedule, and supervise multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of DOT compliance requirements.
- Must have ability to motivate staff to meet corp., region, division, and district objectives.
- Must have excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills and ability to achieve cost effective solutions.
- 2+ years maintenance experience in truck, light or heavy equipment maintenance and repair.
- Ability to train and motivate staff members to meet district objectives.
- Knowledge of air brake, hydraulic, and electrical systems.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Holds or ability to certify for CDL within 90 days of start date.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status.