Experienced Heavy Equipment Mechanic
The schedule will be Monday-Friday, 7am - 4pm. The pay range will be $31-40/hour, depending on experience.
Waste Connections has many opportunities for qualified and motivated individuals who want to be part of a dynamic organization. We provide competitive benefits and lots of room for individual growth as the company expands. Because we operate with a highly decentralized structure, we look for individuals who are energetic and have individual initiative and creativity. Join us and be a part of a winning team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnose and perform repairs on heavy equipment such as dozer, scraper, compactor, pickup trucks, water trucks, light towers and all equipment on site as needed.
- Ability to diagnose and repair all components; electrical, hydraulic, engines, transmissions, air conditioning, brakes.
- Some computer skills needed, use Caterpillar E.T. program to diagnose and repair.
- Follow safety procedures as set out by Caterpillar and Waste Connections
- Use lock-out tag out procedure.
- Fill out work order daily to keep track of hours and work performed.
- Upon completion of assignments, must provide signatures on all inspection reports.
- Make parts list and order parts as needed using a P.O. system.
- Fabricate and weld, using gas or arc as needed.
- Report all problems to supervisor, keep track daily by using a notebook for each machine
- Perform preventative services as needed.
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Able to work utilizing safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, uniform, and hearing protection (PPE).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence accurately.
- Ability to speak effectively to employees of organization.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- ASE Certification is a plus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; push and pull tool box weighing up to 100 lb.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of radiation, and vibration.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, earplugs required.
Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status.