Customer Service Representative
El Dorado Disposal, a Waste Connections company, is looking for a high energy Customer Service Representative to join the team in Placerville, CA!
The schedule will be Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm. Starting pay is $19.00 per hour. The pay range for this job category is $19.00 - $22.37 per hour.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in conjunction with other departments to resolve customer disputes & demonstrate the ability to become proficient in the use of proprietary operational systems.
- Interviews customers and records interview information into computer for customer service, talks with customers by phone and in person, to receive orders for installation, turn on, discontinuance, or change in service.
- Fills out contract forms, determines charges for service requested, collects deposits, prepares change of address records and issues discontinuance orders.
- Demonstrate effective use of software applications, at a minimum MS Word and Excel proficient.
- Delivers services to customers in a manner that promotes goodwill. Interacts with customers and Waste Connections employees to determine service requirements and resolve problems or complaints in a courteous manner
- Work in a fast paced, cooperative, high call volume environment with very detailed expectations
- Solicit sale of new or additional services.
- Assist in other areas as needed
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work environment is in a call center. Areas are clean, ventilated, and well lighted. Our Customer Service Reps normally have their own workstation or cubicle space and are equipped with a telephone, headset, and computer.
- CSR call areas can be noisy and work may be repetitious and stressful, with little time in between calls, while still providing excellent service. Some calls are evaluated to ensure high standards.
- Also, long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen are very common.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 years of Customer Service experience in a high call volume atmosphere.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and Email preferred. Typing and 10-key skills are required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems. Gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status.