Inbound Transfer Station Scale Attendant
Waste Control, a Waste Connections company, is looking for an Inbound Scale House Attendant to join the team in Longview, Washington!
Schedule will be Saturday-Tuesday 7am to 5:30pm.
Starting wage will be $19.80/HR.
Washington Wage Scale is $19.80-22.00/HR
Why Join Us?
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Greet and direct all customers and employees upon entry of the transfer station.
Track weight information from scale to computer system
Primary Responsibilities Ensure accurate and complete documentation of all inbound scale transactions.
Communication skills to be able to deal with a wide range of customers, vendors, and co-workers.
Ensuring that incoming garbage loads are safe and do not contain any inappropriate material.
Work on your feet outside throughout your shift
Ensuring that customers and employees conduct all business in a safe manner and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Providing general upkeep of the Scale House, and grounds keeping including organizing and cleaning the Batteries and House hold waste drop off area.
Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate a high degree of tact, discretion and diplomacy.
The ideal candidate will possess:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Excellent customer service skills
On-the-job computer use/data entry
Ability to multi-task
Ability to stand throughout an 8-hour shift
Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
Ability to climb, bend, and stoop to inspect containers.
Good computer skills.
Proficiency in both English and Spanish.
Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
hat we offer our Employees;
- Competitive Compensation
- Performance-based career growth potential
- Medical, dental, vision insurance plans
- Income Protection Plans (Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Emergency Travel Assistance
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status.