Region Sustainable Waste Resources Manager
The Region Sustainable Waste Resources Manager will combine leadership and management activities with the goal of advancing and promoting renewable energy and other environmental programs. These projects will maximize the value extracted from discarded materials while incrementally reducing the company’s carbon footprint.
Total Compensation : $120,000-140,000
- Partner with company leaders on projects which maximize the recovery of energy and other material value from discarded waste while meeting Waste Connections’ financial pro forma criteria.
- Work across all functional areas of operations to identify sustainable opportunities which reduce the operating carbon footprint.
- Collaborate with leaders in the planning and execution of ‘green’ initiatives to ensure they meet the business and financial objectives.
- Identify and assist in the implementation of operating best practices which minimize the risk of compliance issues and/or advance environmental protection and enhancement.
- Lead activities strengthening relationships between Waste Connections and interested parties and external stakeholders through proactive measures such as educational partnerships, tours, presentations and other community engagement. Continue the drive to transform the Company’s landfills into assets delivering sustainable solutions.
- Support the Region Environmental Managers as necessary to ensure timely review of special waste profiles and completing business unit environmental inspections and audits.
- Provide environmental training to operating leaders and their teams as necessary to support efficient yet thorough execution of tasks to ensure full compliance at their sites.
- Degree in Environmental Services, Environmental Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 3-years relevant experience in waste services or similar sector.
- Experience in business development and/or marketing preferred.
- Ability to travel overnights
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status.