Alaska Waste, a Waste Connections company, is looking for an individual that wants to get a Commercial Driver's License to join our team in Juneau, AK!
If you don’t have a CDL, and have been wanting one for a while, but can’t afford to take time off work, and then pay for schooling? We might be your answer.
We are offering to pay you to get your CDL! We require a 2-year commitment. But we are going to pay you $25.00 per hour to come take the weeklong course, complete the weeklong Behind the Wheel course, and take the road test.
You can get your CDL in as little as 3 weeks with us!
Upon passing all required courses and the road test with the DMV, you will get a new pay of $27.00 per hour. Which you will then become a full-time driver for us in Juneau.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. The noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class D license with ability to obtain CDL Class B with air brakes endorsement as a minimum.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Ability to get CDL Permit before or near start date.
Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short-term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status.