Scale Clerk (Bilingual)
Due to growth an expansion we are looking for a Scale Clerk (Bilingual) to work at our Landfill located at 4107 S Sam Houston Pkwy W Houston, TX 77053.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short-term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional customer service through greeting and directing all customers upon entry of the landfill.
- Ensure the proper paperwork is completed for each truck, and truck information is correct.
- Collect truck paperwork, weights, and load information, and record into database.
- Verify incoming loads are safe and do not contain unacceptable material.
- Occasionally answers the phone.
- Ensure that customers and employees conduct all business in a safe manner and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Provide general upkeep of the scale house.
- Perform a variety of duties not necessarily provided in this job description but may include general maintenance and upkeep of the Facility, when needed.
- Work in a team environment and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and communication.
- Typical workday is a 10-hour day, from 6:45 to 4:45, Monday through Friday. Saturday work is also required from April thru mid-December.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Excellent customer service skills – past customer service a PLUS.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- A general, working knowledge of computers.
- Data entry experience. (Preferred, but not required. We will train)
- A track record of reliability and punctuality.
- A high degree of attention to detail.
JOB PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of computer.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Be able to traverse uneven ground and walk upstairs.
- Must be Bilingual.
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status.