Business Development Executive
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
Qualified candidates should be located in or commutable to Miami-Dade & Broward counties.
The Senior Account Executive (SAE) role is responsible for prospecting and closing sales to new customers to achieve budgeted sales goals. This position develops and implements sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growth at target or greater profitability levels by selling to new customers. Additionally, the role is responsible for managing existing business relationships in order to achieve budgeted sales and price goals by developing and implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve business, and securing contract agreements from previously non-contracted customers.
The Senior Account Executive will "save, secure, and convert" by handling all customer cancellation requests, providing ongoing education of contract details to existing customers, and by obtaining customer contract commitments during face-to-face interactions. All escalations for customer service within the defined territory will be resolved through this position. SAEs are responsible for maintaining and growing billable value in their assigned accounts.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Senior Account Executives are responsible for maintaining and growing billable value in their assigned accounts; preventing customer account losses and growing billable value by selling permanent new waste streams, new services, and new products to current and prospective customers.
- Initiate business-to-business sales relationships.
- Responsible for prospecting and closing sales opportunities to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound selling strategies.
- Manage prospects by developing sound prospect development plans and maintaining key information in the prospect database. Maintain sales pipeline (both in terms of quantity and quality) to achieve new sales goals.
- Minimize most revenue and accounts by maintaining SSDO relationship health standards and diffusing cancellation requests. Meet or exceed sales call activity goals for proactive account retention.
- Increase revenue and profitability by executing sound plans on retention calls to improve the customers’ service and/or profitability.
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Propose customer solutions that comply with appropriate local, state and federal regulations. Communicate to and work with the Area Sales Managers to resolve unique customer issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of customers’ needs, pricing and competition; effectively communicate pricing and service strategies; proactively engage other WM business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- Acquire in-depth industry and company knowledge in order to prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Maintain current knowledge of internal sale strategies and operational capabilities, and external market trends.
- Work closely and effectively communicate with Plant Managers and Brokerage Account Managers to assist in upgrading materials to increase profitability and achieve plant goals.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree and High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relative work experience required.
- Experience: 4 years of work experience in direct business-to-business sales, business-to-business cold calling, and phone based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments (in addition to education requirement) required.
B. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Build Relationships
- Communicate With Impact
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Initiate Action
- Produce Results
- Think Strategically
- Gain Commitment
- Influence and Negotiate
- Manage Work/Time
- Plan and Organize
- Use Ethical Practices
- Problem solving skills
- Proficient with computer and software applications
V. Work Environment
Office: This job primarily operates in a professional office environment and routinely requires the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, etc.
At WM, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply".