Software Developer - Infrastructure
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of mission critical communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The Software & Services group builds on this to create leading end-to-end mission critical operations for Government & Public Safety Communications customers. This position with our local NYC team is focused on Next Generation 9-1-1 Solutions. Our VESTA® Router Service provides 9-1-1 Authorities the cornerstone to their NG9-1-1 transitions in a way that fits their resources, budgets and timelines. Our VESTA® Call Handling solutions connect citizens to the help they need when they need it. Our commitment to standards and our flexibility, transparency and geospatial routing infrastructure for regional or statewide deployments add up to a sound investment with new capabilities to safeguard citizens.
Motorola Solutions is building talent pipelines to meet future hiring demands. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you. If your background is a match to our requirements, we’ll follow up with an exploratory conversation.
The Software & Service Implementation team comprises Project Management, System Engineering, Field Engineers and Operational Support personnel working together in a high performance culture, often with demanding cycle times and high customer expectations because we are working on mission critical communication systems.
In this position, you will help deploy, operate and maintain 9-1-1 system infrastructure, including servers, storage, virtualization, backup, and monitoring. You will use your programming and scripting skills to apply best-in-class operational processes to maintain cutting edge public safety communications systems. You will be part of a committed team of experts that value our mission and strive to deliver the highest quality mission critical systems possible.
Your work will save lives.
● Participate in a DevSecOps team to automate the maintenance of a high availability private cloud environment.
● Maintain a CI/CD pipeline to build and maintain code repositories that support automated build, maintenance and test functions.
● Support deployment and testing of the systems you will maintain.
● Participate in software and security maintenance workflows.
● Develop and automate integration and test processes and policies.
● Function within an ITIL framework.
● Strive to exceed customer expectations.
Success in this role is highly dependent upon the ability to proactively learn the intricacies of the solution and work collaboratively. Successful candidates will take ownership of activities on the system and see them through to resolution.
● Demonstrated experience developing and/or scripting in Python.
● Experience developing automated solutions to deploy infrastructure or applications (Python, Ansible, Terraform, Gitlab, JSON or YAML, Rundeck or Jenkins).
● Familiarity with VMware, Windows, Linux, and container solutions (VCD,NSX-t,ProxMox,etc.).
● Experience with monitoring and logging tools and platforms (Elastic, Science Logic, BMC Bladelogic).
● Strong problem solving skills, analytical abilities and ability to deliver high performance.
Some travel (<25%) may be required for all project phases, from design through final acceptance.
**Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer**
● Bachelor's Degree (BSCE/BSCS or MS preferred)
● 4+ years of data center engineering or designing, building and maintaining large-scale private cloud environments
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.