Entry Level Product Engineer - Cyber Security (2023)
Job Title: Product Engineer, Cyber Security
Nexteer is looking for motivated people to work in the product security engineering group. As a member of the Nexteer product security team we will expand your job skills to be a high valued automotive security engineer. The automotive security area is rapidly expanding and motivated security engineers will be challenged with many new security concepts.
- Review and evaluate customer security requirements
- Develop security concept through a structured process that involves threat analysis and risk assessment.
- Support concept implementation through the product development phases to include hardware, software, and manufacturing.
- Develop solutions to address the vulnerabilities found through system and software analysis
- Support customer meetings to discuss and plan Cyber Security related activities
- Develop work products that follow the ISO/SAE 21434 Road Vehicle Cybersecurity Engineering standard.
- Familiarity with embedded control modules (hardware and/or software)
- Familiarity with automotive networks
- Familiarity with microprocessor communications peripherals and memory architectures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a desire to work with people
- Experience embedded security mechanisms
- Experience with penetration testing on communications networks and hardware I/O
- Experience with encryption and authentication methods/standards like AES, RSA, ECC, SHA
- Background in automotive engineering and chassis systems
- Familiarity with standardized software development process models (i.e. ASPICE)
- Knowledge of project management processes and tools
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-[Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
Employment agencies are an important component of our talent acquisition strategy, and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. We will not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Nexteer Automotive or directly to hiring managers in any form without a signed Nexteer Automotive Agency Agreement on file, and search engagement for that position, will be deemed unsolicited in nature, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means. Additionally, any resume submitted without a contract in place will be considered Nexteer Automotive property and no fees will be paid to the agency if the candidate is hired.
Please note, agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by a member of Nexteer’s Human Resources team. No other Nexteer employee is authorized to bind Nexteer to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by an agency.