Sr/ Staff Well Integrity Engineer
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
Lower 48 Overview
The Lower 48 represents the largest ConocoPhillips business segment today based on production. The company has high-quality positions in the United States unconventional, which are low cost of supply and low GHG intensity assets with significant upside potential.
The company’s large Lower 48 position of 10.8 million net acres, including unconventional holdings of approximately 2 million net acres, gives access to scalable inventory with low cost of supply and low GHG emissions intensity that can generate significant returns over many years of future development. The Lower 48 segment is organized into two business units covering the Permian and Gulf Coast & Rockies. Current major focus areas for the Lower 48 include the Delaware and Midland Basins in Permian, as well as the Eagle Ford and Bakken.
If you are selected as the GCR Well Integrity Engineer, you will support the execution and continuous improvement of the Lower 48 Well Integrity Program (WIP). In this role, you will partner with personnel in other disciplines to ensure the WIP requirements are met during the entire well lifecycle with the ultimate goal of reducing enterprise risk exposure. The candidate will additionally assist evaluations of P&A candidates, including prioritization and risk assessment exercises with the Asset Organization. The selected individual will have a high level of involvement, partnership and exposure to the Wells, Production, Operations, Asset and Regulatory teams. This position will aid priorities to routinely review and communicate well integrity health metrics, advise peers and leaders on well issue corrective actions, address concerns from regulatory bodies, assist the Subsurface Containment Assurance (SCA) program and evaluate/lead the roll out of new technologies and innovations.
Your responsibilities may include\:
- Develop, review and maintain the L48 WIP standard in conjunction with other members of the L48 Well Integrity Engineering technical staff & leadership; assist in the roll out of the WIP to full implementation by 2023 EOY
- Collaborate with Global Wells and BU Discipline Engineers in preparing procedures to address well integrity issues
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the Production & Operations organization
- Partner with Discipline Engineers to conduct well integrity risk assessments, prepare well integrity risk management plans, communicate with regulatory authorities and evaluate the effectiveness of well integrity risk management practices
- Advise Operations and Discipline Engineers to support their responsibilities in the WIP elements including pressure monitoring, wellhead & tree inspection, testing and maintenance programs and well integrity data capture
- Serve on the team managing the BU Subsurface Containment Assurance Program
- Work with IT and the Global APS team to develop and implement a new Global Well Integrity Platform, leveraging WellView, Teradata/Snowflake and SAP databases
- Compile data from asset-level well integrity reviews to conduct BU-level Quarterly reviews and annual assessments
- Serve as the BU well integrity Domain Expert (SME), providing guidance to Development Teams evaluating infill/refrac activity and subsurface SIMOPs
- Serve as BU well integrity SME, for BU and HSE & Wells Management Standard (WMS) audits in collaboration with the BU Chief Wells Engineer
- Serve as BU well integrity SME, for review and approval of Corporate Standards, Practices and Manuals
- Serve as GCRBU representative on the Well Integrity Network of Excellence (NoE)
- Participate in industry-wide well integrity knowledge sharing forums
- Engage industry on the latest technology related to life of the well integrity and evaluate their feasibility and applicability for GCR operations
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, other related technical field, or foreign equivalent
- 5 years of experience in oil and gas industry
- Advanced level of knowledge of well design & construction fundamentals
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to travel up to 10% on a yearly basis
- 10 years of experience oil and gas industry
- 3 years of experience in Wells or Production Engineering with an operator
- Proficient understanding of well failure mechanisms and prevention (casing failure modes, corrosion, cement integrity, wellhead equipment & maintenance, equipment metallurgy)
- Experience collecting, managing and digitizing large datasets; developing KPIs; quantifying progress and influencing change with data
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to thrive in multi-discipline teams, internally and externally, to achieve consensus and alignment
- Uncompromising adherence and commitment to ConocoPhillips SPIRIT Values (Safety, People, Integrity, Responsibility, Innovation and Teamwork)
- Encourages new ways of looking at problems, processes or solutions
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what's right
- Builds effective solutions based on sometimes limited information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Passion around building strong relationships and influencing change
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of June 20, 2023.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.