Cloud Services Product Owner
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions provides a range of body-worn video hardware, software and service solutions to organisations around the world and across a range of industries, including: Police and Security services, Local government, Security, Retail and Transport. To help drive our rapid growth, we are looking for a Cloud Services Product Owner on a permanent contract and based at our central Edinburgh office. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, where you will be exposed to the latest technologies and where your hard work and dedication will be rewarded, then joining our team could be your best career move. Please note, we can only accept candidates that are authorized to work in the UK and willing to work full-time from our Edinburgh offices.
All candidates will be subject to HMG BPSS employment, police NPPV Level 3 vetting and SC clearance, so you must have been working in the UK for at least 5 years in order to apply.
This role will involve some travel to customer sites.
The Cloud Services Product Owner will work with the the existing pre-sales, deployment, and post sales teams as well as the product management and development teams to Define, Deliver, Secure, Maintain & Support a cost-optimised cloud-delivered application for enterprise & public service that meets customer needs. This is a highly technical, pro-active role with the responsibility to manage our global cloud services product offering.
The Cloud Services Product Owner will:
- Define, Deliver, Secure, Maintain & Support a cost-optimised cloud-delivered application for enterprise & public service
- Make changes to the cloud infrastructure as needed and design custom solutions
- Implement the required security posture as determined by product and operational requirements, regularly liaise with Motorola Solutions cyber security champions, and maintain familiarity with current industry best practice security implementations. Monitor and react to security, availability, and cost risks inherent in cloud application deployment
- Deliver suitable processes and their documentation for ISO27001 and similar accreditations, regularly updating risk analysis using the Motorola Solutions Common Risk Management Framework, and maintaining and reporting on critical controls
- Report on key Service Level Agreement metrics, including performance monitoring.
- Prepare materials for, and manage interactions with, international instances of our environment
- Document architectures. Training materials
- Perform resilience planning and exercises. Pen testing planning and response
- Assist pre-sales with security information and use modelling for tenders
- Integrate: service billing, storage billing, billing liaison with Finance
Due to significant synergies between this role and our security profile, this jobholder will also lead on cyber security activities:
- Liaises with Product Managers to ensure threat models are applied and reviewed in Product Requirement Specifications
- Collaborates with and guides R&D to build in security during the development stages of hardware and software systems, networks and services
- Leads ongoing analysis of vulnerabilities and risks in hardware and software products
- Liaises with Motorola corporate Cyber Security specialists to ensure the latest best practices and threat models are applied
- Manages external pen tester program, analysing results and tracking closure of security vulnerabilities
- Manages & enhances vulnerability scanning and tracking tools and tracking closure of security vulnerabilities
- Ensures regular reviews and updates to risk analysis and data protection registers
- Keeps users and management informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status
Key qualifications, skills and attributes of the Cloud Services Product Owner:
- 5+ years of hands-on IT solutions architecture/deployment
- Familiar with securing, delivering and supporting applications and storage on Amazon AWS (and ideally Azure) for relevant or similar market sectors. AWS Components such as EC2, S3, VPC, Route 53, RDS, Cloudfront
- Practical (ideally accredited) experience in replicating and orchestrating cloud services
- e.g. Terraform, or other similar methods/mechanisms
- Comfortable with a mixed dev/ops style working environment
- (devops) for the cloud:
- scripting - SQL scripts written to create databases on AWS RDS.
Programming/scripting different platforms to work with Videomanager application (Google Cloud/Microsoft Azure etc)
- environment - implementing the requirements identified by Product Managers for cloud services
- Strong customer focus and communication skills and a track record of success
Cyber security - good understanding of cyber security requirements and pen testing
- Enjoys problem solving and working in a fast-paced technical environment with a track record of success
- Uses and understands appropriate methodologies to design, build and test complex systems. Regularly investigates, develops and integrates new techniques and technologies. Understands Software Development Life Cycle, and has worked with teams using Agile methodologies.
- Proactive, self-motivated and well organised, individually and as part of a team
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Job holder will require to maintain NPPV3 and SC vetting, and consequently must have been resident in the UK for at least 5 years.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline - mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready - in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.
Position TypeReferral Payment PlanYes