Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Design Trainee (On-site)
- Read architectural prints to create roof and floor truss placement layouts conforming to current 84Components design practices
- Design of roof and floor trusses in MiteK software ensuring designs are accurate, optimized, and conforms to the current P&P
- Specify all necessary supplied hardware
- Maintain complete and updated Job Tracking Sheet
- Send approval letter to customers according to P&P procedures when necessary
- Provide sales and customer support when necessary
- Ensure office and plan are maintained in a neat and orderly fashion and all plans are logged properly
- Attend required meetings and participates in committees as requested by supervisor(s).
- Computer Skills: Word Processing System, Design Software (Autocad or CAD or Revit or Sketchup), Internet Software, Database Software
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to others one-on-one.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- General knowledge of construction industry.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural blueprints
- Good written and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to deal courteously with customers, co-workers, and construction personnel
- Good math skills including, but not limited to architectural units, fractions, geometry, and basic trigonometry.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training.