Field Service Lead
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
The Field Service Lead is a blended role that serves as administrative escalation point, team lead, and technician. Under minimal supervision, the Team Captain will provide effective guidance and support for all team members and will be the contact point for the supervisor to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration. The team Captain will monitor quality control and will work on non-routine and complex assignments that are varied in nature. This position will also perform advanced troubleshooting at time of installation and on scheduled service calls. Coaches and mentors other technical operations team members.
- Demonstrated evidence of completing all responsibilities outlined in BBT I through BBT III and will perform duties as necessary.
- Ability to perform complex residential and commercial installation and service.
- Installs, tests, and services complex services that could include home security, fire alarms, commercial data, GEPON, commercial phone, static IP and PRI
- Collaborate with colleagues from other departments to improve efficiency, overall service delivery, and other key performance indicators.
- Supports Supervisor with route assignments, research performance metrics identifying unfavorable trending suggesting action plans
- Motivate team members
- Identify training needs and provide coaching
- Provides training updates and reports to the supervisor, identifying possible knowledge gaps
- Recognize high performance, record accomplishments, and communicate to leadership ideas to reward employees
- Must be able to demonstrate positive leadership skills
- Must be flexible in taking on multiple and varied assignments
- Handling complaints
Qualifications / Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus; ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to use any equipment in a safe manner, in accordance with company, industry and regulatory standards
- Ability to safely lift 75 pounds
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds). Accommodation with 50-pound maximum lifting is available.
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt (weight limit of 350 pounds including equipment)
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Knowledge of basic electronics
- Skill in using a Windows-based computer
- Ability to comprehend and operate appropriate testing equipment (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters)
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Minimum of 9 months of Broadband Tech I experience
- SCTE BPI certification preferred
- Work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat or cold
- Work performed near power lines and electricity
- Work, including travel, outdoors in adverse weather conditions day or night
- Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our [Register to View] for further details.