Medical Courier/Specimen Processor (Hybrid)
Work Schedule: 9:30am-6:00pm Monday-Friday
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous medical or production experience is a plus
- Prior driver/courier experience is preferred
- Proficient computer and typing skills
- Must pass standardized color vision test
- Comfortable handling human biological specimens including blood, urine and tissue samples
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs, work in protective equipment and sit/stand for long periods of time
- Strong eye hand coordination in order to accurately identify specimens by touch and sight
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to problem solve
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Must have a Valid Driver's License and good driving record
- Must be at least 21 years’ old
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
LabCorp is seeking a dedicated and motivated individual to join our team.
This is a unique role that will split duties between the Courier and Specimen Processing departments. Will work the first half of the shift performing Courier/route driving duties and upon delivery of specimens to the branch, will perform Specimen Processing & Accessioning duties.
- Load all necessary suppliers needed for the daily pickups
- Complete daily pick up schedule in a timely manner
- Deliver all daily picks to your branch at the end of your shift
- Handle all specimens and lab samples in safe and efficient manner
- Safely operate company vehicle and obey all traffic laws
- Utilize handheld electronic device to manage daily picks up
- Work directly with dispatcher for additional pick-ups as needed
- Evaluate traffic patterns, alternative routes and weather conditions as needed
Specimen Processor Responsibilities
- Introduce and prepare biological specimens to the laboratory to ensure accurate processing
- Verify patient demographic information matches the test requisition form submitted
- Data entry of patient information into the computer system for tracking purposes
- Meet key production metrics and quality measures to ensure timely and accurate results
- Unpack and route specimens to their respective staging areas
- Pack and ship specimens to proper testing facilities when required
- Properly prepare and store excess specimen samples
- Resolve and document any problem specimens
- Operate automated instrumentation under supervision if necessary
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .