Sr. Business Development Director - Early Development/Non-Clinical
Labcorp Drug Development, a global contract research organization, has worked on all of the top 50 best-selling drugs available today through its full spectrum of nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services with our clients from leading pharma and agile biotech. Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery of the largest volume of drug development data in the world, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow’s challenges as they evolve. Together with our clients, Labcorp Drug Development transforms today’s healthcare challenges into tomorrow’s solutions.
We are a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, Labcorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care.
Labcorp is seeking to hire a Senior Director of Business Development to lead sales efforts for the Mid-West Territory with a focus on Nonclinical Development Testing Capabilities. This will include Safety Assessment, Drug Metabolism, and Bioanalytical Services with primary focus on the emerging biotech market segment.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a leading global life sciences company and contract research organization delivering best-in-class nonclinical testing services with a mission to improve health and improve lives. Labcorp has invested more than $700 million in the past five years in Early Development to expand capacity and enhance technology, speed and flexibility. We have a focused growth in cell and gene therapies, oncology and inhalation.
We are seeking a motivated, self-starter who is both competitive and collaborative. As well, the successful candidate will have highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
This position is home based, and we offer a flexible approach to enable a good work/life balance.
In addition, the ideal candidate should be able to offer:
- Responsible for selling safety assessment, metabolism and lead optimization services.
- Engages external and internal stakeholders on a range of scientific testing services in the area of biomarkers, laboratory drug development testing, anatomic pathology and histology, companion diagnostics, Vaccine services and Genomic Testing.
- Achieves annual sales plan and sales targets for assigned accounts through proactive sales activity and networking with assigned potential and existing accounts.
- Establishes nurtures and grows client relationships at the appropriate levels.
- Develops account plans and strategies to gain business in assigned accounts in collaboration and partnership with other Labcorp team members.
- Provides sales activity reports to management.
- Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan; Follows up on leads.
- Provides comprehensive intelligence on key competitors.
- Sells the business unit’s capabilities and differentiation frameworks.
- Recognizes and communicates sales opportunities for other business units.
- Sets and manages customer expectations.
- Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
- Organizes and hosts client visits.
- Evaluates quotations for territory and provides inputs to ensure client and company requirements are met.
- Uses [Register to View] to manage internal communication and document territory and client information as required for the business unit.
- Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
- Collaborates effectively with sales executives from other Labcorp units to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win multi-unit projects.
- Assists in determining margins and pricing with Client Services.
- Participates in proposal scope development as appropriate.
- Maintains frequent personal contact with clients.
- Participates in corporate teams to build relationships with key accounts.
- Leads client presentations.
- Supports an established client base where appropriate.
- Identifies specific client needs that can be developed into new opportunities both within the business and for other Labcorp business units.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to BDD’s within sphere of influence.
- Proactively shares best practices with broader sales teams and assists in Zone meeting training.
- Analyzes industry sources to identify business opportunities and leverage Labcorp relationships for prospective clients.
- Coaches staff on interpretation of a RFP/quote/protocol.
- Develops and establishes long-term account plans.
- Leads and negotiates business unit based MSA’s and preferred provider agreements.
- Experience developing and executing strategic business plans
- Negotiation skills: direct face to face negotiating experience with major clients
- Highly consultative
- Strong customer orientation
- Demonstrated ability to acquire, grow and retain clients
- Knowledge of the drug development process
- Strong financial acumen: delivering business results in a commercial environment; budgeting; financial planning and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in the life science or business field (required). Master’s degree in the life sciences, biology, or science-related field with particular focus on biomarkers, anatomic pathology & histology, translational medicine, or companion diagnostics (preferred).
- Advanced industry knowledge.
- Demonstrated client retention skills.
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations.
- Ability to differentiate Labcorp from competitors.
- Strong working relationship with internal Labcorp management and site leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire and grow client base.
- 5+ Sales (or relevant) experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech section with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .