Director, Inside Sales
Labcorp Drug Development, a global contract research organization, has worked on all of the top 50 best-selling drugs available today through its full spectrum of nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services with our clients from leading pharma and agile biotech. Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery of the largest volume of drug development data in the world, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow’s challenges as they evolve. Together with our clients, Labcorp Drug Development transforms today’s healthcare challenges into tomorrow’s solutions.
We are a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, Labcorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care.
Labcorp is seeking to hire a Director of Inside Sales to lead a global team responsible for inside sales efforts. A key leadership role with our industry leading Clinical organization, and a wonderful opportunity to lead one of our most successful teams while taking them to new heights. If you are a progressive, dynamics and visionary leader looking for your next opportunity this could be the perfect role for you.
The desired candidate must have previous operational expertise in managing a global inside sales team, strong demonstrated ability in selling services to the Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical industries and apt at doing business in multiple regions. Commercially minded, the person must be energetic to assist in driving sales. This includes focusing on client prospects and channeling focus on new business development to maximize company resources.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership for client targeting & selection strategy, team assignment coverage and business plan implementation
- Assist commercial management team to develop internal and external relationships and identifying new market opportunities
- Maintain knowledge of, and utilize most effective methods of client contact and engagement (Social Selling, e-Marketing, etc.)
- Collaborate with Marketing to drive business results for leads and lead management in support of effective prospecting and client engagement activities
- Partner with Field Sales to heighten client communication and maintain efficient processes
- Conduct quarterly team performance reviews for assigned businesses
- Function as an advisor to team, troubleshooting and resolving internal and external issues.
- Drive development of strong internal relationships with commercial partners and operational colleagues
- Identify and execute process improvement opportunities
- Hold team accountable to using SFDC to document important client contacts and interactions
- Utilize available tools to support sales excellence and best practice in accordance with expectations and direction
- Provide verbal and written coaching feedback to team, in accordance with sales management expectations
- Gather and share market intelligence and competitive information with key stakeholders across the enterprise
- Provides team performance data and KPI’s to senior management to ensure transparency and awareness of results
- Manage, train and provide leadership to team members (coaching, mentoring, directing, etc.)
- Hire and develop diverse talent for open positions
- Manage team budget and forecasting efforts
- Ensure achievement of assigned goals
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills in either a pharmaceutical or CRO setting in a global, multi-office environment
- Experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech section, with 5+ years relevant to managing a sales team
- Direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers
- Experience in complex sales environment requiring consultative selling
- Bachelor’s degree in life science or business field preferred; advanced degree preferred
- Advanced industry knowledge
- Demonstrated client retention skills
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
- Ability to differentiate Labcorp Drug Development from competitors
- Experience developing and executing strategic business plans
- Ability to manage and motivate inside sales staff
- Demonstrated leadership experience in leading and presenting to executives and senior levels of the client organization
- Extensive global collaboration experience
- Highly consultative
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to influence sales decisions
- Demonstrated ability to lead
- Experience managing a team
About Labcorp Drug Development
As a leading contract research organization (CRO), Labcorp Drug Development provides comprehensive drug development solutions for a range of industries. Our services cover the preclinical, clinical and post-market phases of drug development, the product life cycles for medical device and diagnostics and development services paired with regulatory support for the chemical testing and crop protection industries.
Labcorp Drug Development is a global leader in nonclinical safety assessment, clinical trial testing and clinical trial management services. Our unique perspectives are based on decades of scientific, medical and regulatory expertise.
Did you know?
In July 2022, Labcorp announced its intention to spin off its clinical development business as a separate public company, subject to the satisfaction of certain customary conditions. Fortrea will become the new brand identity for our Clinical Development business in connection with the spin-off, which is expected in mid-2023.
We believe that the exceptional is possible when you have the right partner, so we are looking for the right people to help build a transformative force in Clinical Development. [Register to View]
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .