Senior Care Manager - Patient Experience & Customer Operations
We are currently building a passionate patient and customer-centric team to support our upcoming journey to advance, develop & deliver cell & genetic therapies supporting Hemogobinopathies.
At Vertex, the diversity and authenticity of our people is part of what makes us unique, and we recognize that each employee brings diverse perspectives and strengths. By embracing those strengths and celebrating differences, we are fostering an inclusive culture where each of us can bring our authentic selves to work, inspire innovation together, and change people’s lives.
Our vision is clear: to be the place where an authentic, diverse mix of talent want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Vertex is consistently recognized as one of the industry's top places to work. To learn more, visit [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
We are looking for remarkable individuals to join us on this journey!
The Senior Care Manager will be part of the Patient Experience & Customer Operations team within the US Heme Business Unit which is commercializing exa-cel, a gene therapy for sickle cell disease (SCD) and transfusion dependent thalassemia (TDT). This individual will be accountable for managing the exa-cel treatment journey and associated needs of key healthcare professionals (HCP) & patient communities. This individual will play a meaningful role within the organization by contributing to activation activities, as well as the success of the order process and patient support program. The candidate will lead engagements with patients & caregivers, vendors and cross-functional stakeholders, and will be responsible for playing a crucial role in providing exceptional support and effective communications throughout the treatment journey. You will report to the Associate Director – Heme PECO Order Management.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Build foundational knowledge about the exa-cel end to end treatment journey and patient support programs to provide exceptional customer service, and effectively manage the treatment process working with cross-functional stakeholders
- Establish personalized relationships with patients and families through excellent support during the various treatment phases, sharing educational resources, and providing thoughtful coordination of approved program offerings
- Partners with gene therapy account manager to project manage aspects of ATC activation such as contract progress, documentation validation and team communication
- Lead aspects of ATC onboarding efforts, including portal training, user access requests, sharing educational resources and triaging system and operational issues
- Deliver extraordinary service and build meaningful connections with external partners, including HCPs, Specialty Distributor (SD) and service providers supporting the exa-cel program
- Manage and monitor the treatment order using digital platforms for order management and a CRM tool for HCP and patient engagements
- Effectively triage order and patient support program escalations, informing appropriate stakeholders, and resolving in a compliant and timely manner
- Maintain open communication with our customers and stakeholders, providing compliant and consistent messaging to build trust and promote transparency
- Engage with cross-functional teams to share customer insights and initiate process or system optimization and enhancements
- Create a culture of cross-functional collaboration; examples of key internal stakeholders will be Gene Therapy Account Managers, Logistics, External Manufacturing, Quality, Trade, Finance, among other teams
- Remain compliant and knowledgeable of required trainings, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions (WIs)
- Maintain confidentiality of patient health information and act in compliance with all laws, regulations, and Vertex Company policies
- Manage or participate in ad hoc projects
Required Education Level
5-7 years of combined educational/work experience in any combination of the following:
- Commercial gene therapy experience
- Social work or patient support experience
- Operations or supply chain logistics experience
- Customer account management
- Familiarity/experience working with the SCD and/or TDT communities
- Experience launching a product
- Strong customer service and patient centric focus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate across multiple teams internally & externally
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; comfortable engaging with diverse audiences ranging from cross-functional colleagues & senior leaders to HCP customers, patient communities and vendors
- Strong analytical skills, ability to derive insights from customer and internal team engagements
- Ability to anticipate challenges and effectively troubleshoot issues through to resolution
- Experience partnering with external vendors
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-driven, environment within a growing business unit where we are concurrently learning & building as we drive towards product launch
- Some travel may be required for live interactions with Authorized Treatment Center representatives
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that Vertex requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees working in the U.S. as a condition of employment at Vertex, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to keeping everyone at Vertex and in our communities safe. This requirement applies to both existing and new employees who may at any time work on-site at a Vertex facility or visit another location on behalf of Vertex (e.g., conferences, customer visits, etc.), including all remote employees. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at [Register to View]