Customer Care Advocate
Location: Virtual within a commutable distance of Omaha, NE (New Hires should live within a commutable distance of the Omaha, NE location)
Role Value Proposition:
Are you someone that enjoys problem solving and putting customers first? Do you want to directly impact the lives of our customers? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you: We are actively hiring Customer Care Advocates for our Global Customer Solutions and Operations (GCSO) contact center team, starting on 5/1/2023. After paid training, you will join the in-bound customer service team putting customers at the heart of all you do.
Global Customer Service and Operations serves MetLife’s customers around the world, fulfilling their servicing, underwriting, policy administration and claims needs. We are guided by our purpose, putting the customer at the center of everything we do. And, just like our customers are at the center, so are our people. We strive to make sure our employees are heard, valued and inspired to progress. We believe when all of us with our unique backgrounds, skills, perspectives, and voices come together; even more is possible.
As a leader in insurance, MetLife never underestimates the significance of the impact made by associates.
To enhance your success and engagement from day one and throughout your career, we provide various benefits including, but most definitely, not limited to:
- Competitive compensation starting at $20/hour
- Paid training
- Dental, medical & life insurance
- Retirement plans including 401(k)
- Paid time off
- Paid overtime
- Programs designed to strengthen and reward your performance
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Customer Care Advocate handles inbound customer service inquiries via the telephone and/or email and resolves complex customer issues. The successful candidate will leverage effective listening skills, an attention to detail, strong intellectual curiosity, and honest desire to make a difference to ensure each customer experience is exceptional. With an understanding of the customers’ needs and wants and a focus on delivering solutions that meets those needs, you will deliver a service experience that exceeds expectations and makes it easy for customers to do business with us. This is a full-time virtual position.
Group Disability Call Types:
Group disability insurance is a policy for a company, group, or organization which is meant to provide compensation for its members if they are unable to work and unable to get paid because of a disability. The companies that offer our group insurance are also customers of MetLife. The customers who call into our call center call to file their claims or to service their active claims. Call types include callers with disability, pregnancy and other serious health issues that prevent them from working. Call types can be emotional depending on the customers reason for filing.
The candidates selected for this position will be providing customer service to inbound customers calling our 800 number. MetLife has the highest expectations for our Customer Care Advocates to always provide an exceptional customer experience on every call.
· Always remain professional
· Never place blame on the customer or employer
· Make a customer connection
· Continuous Improvement environment- Always looking to improve both individual performance and the processes we have in place for Disability
- Virtual roles predominately work from a home office with periodic visits to the assigned GCSO office as needed for team events, meetings, training, business continuity, etc.
- Respond to customer requests via telephone or email, providing excellent service to MetLife’s customers who have insurance or other financial service products or benefit plans and providing solutions that best match the customers’ needs.
- Research requests regarding various product aspects, policy provisions, claim status, basic procedures, etc.
- Efficiently process transactions and refer requests for other policy modifications to appropriate areas. Track responses to ensure completion.
- Enhance and strengthen the relationship between the customer and MetLife using strong communication skills, keen listening skills and empathy.
- Support special product and/or service campaigns as needed, or if solicited by the customer.
- Efficiently access and navigate multiple electronic systems to provide a complete and integrated response to the customer’s inquiry.
- Perform these responsibilities in a consistent, professional manner while exercising strong verbal, interpersonal and high-quality service skills.
Basic Required Qualifications:
- Live within commutable distance of Omaha, NE
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Flexible to work specific shifts during hours of operation between 8:00am – 11:00pm EST, Monday through Friday; must be flexible regarding the ability to work overtime & shift worked, which may change based on business need
- Training will be IN-PERSON for this role. Candidate must be willing to be in-office for the duration.
- High School diploma, GED
- Some college experience, trade or professional certification.
- Insurance or Financial Services industry experience or Product specific experience.
- Prior Call Center experience is highly preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to learn quickly and continuously develop functional knowledge and an understanding of company products as well as administrative, claims, underwriting and marketing functions.
- A passion for serving customers and a personal commitment to following through in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer/keyboard skills as well as solid math, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superb listening skills and professional oral & written communication skills with an ability to inspire trust and accountability though an empathetic communication style which promotes a quality image of MetLife.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $600 billion of total assets under management as of December 31, 2019. We are ranked #44 on the Fortune 500 list for 2019. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request [Register to View] call our Employee Relations Department at 1-[Register to View] .
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Operations: Customer Service
Number of Openings