Supply Chain OCTG Coordinator - Permian
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
ConocoPhillips and its heritage companies have operated in the Permian Basin for almost 100 years.
The Permian saw significant growth in 2021 with the acquisition of Concho Resources Inc. in January 2021 and the addition of Shell’s Permian acreage in December 2021. At year-end, the company held approximately 1.5 million net acres in the Permian Basin. Net production for the Permian in 2021 was 442 MBOED. ConocoPhillips is committed to being an innovative and environmentally responsible operator, and the new technologies and practices that it is using in this area exemplify that.
Quality of Life Incentives
ConocoPhillips offers additional benefits to support employees living and maintaining a primary residence in the Midland, TX area. For more details visit\: [Register to View] and [Register to View] .
If you are selected as the Supply Chain Coordinator, you will be providing a mix of strategy and tactical support to lead day-to-day business requirements of Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG) & related services categories in the Permian Basin, through supplier relationship management, sourcing, negotiation, contracting, and contract management as part of Permian Basin Supply Chain organization. This position will provide after hours and weekend support to Permian Operations when necessary and will collaborate with other Lower 48 asset area’s OCTG leads to support regional and enterprise-wide strategies.
Your responsibilities may include\:
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders and suppliers to ensure accurate supply of casing/tubing is provided to well locations on time without disruption
- Handling ad hoc and emergency requirements, as needed
- Leading OCTG related services including casing accessories, pipe inspection, and pipe/tubing coating
- Planning, implementing, leading, and monitoring supply chain activities with the objective of creating customer value
- Collaborating with internal partners to create and implement bid strategies
- Developing bid packages and coordinating the bid process
- Leading bid evaluation and award recommendation processes
- Negotiating and maintaining contractual terms and conditions with Master Service Agreements (MSAs), Scope of Works (SOWs), etc.
- Working with customers to develop and implement “fit for purpose” commercial negotiation plans
- Leading negotiations with suppliers on ad hoc requests applying market intelligence and category knowledge
- Developing and implementing Contract Management Plan with key suppliers
- Developing and monitoring relevant contract Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with internal partners
- Utilizing contract and supplier performance data to improve future contracts and business performance
- Developing short and long-term category strategies based on knowledge of category-specific market conditions
- Acting as Subject Matter Authority for OCTG, responding to inquiries and forecasting OCTG needs across Permian Basin (Drilling, Completion & Production)
- Ensuring all services are conducted as per ConocoPhillips Supply Chain Standards
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- 3 years of experience in a supply chain, business or related technical role
- Basic level of knowledge working in GEP-SMART and SAP
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to work outside normal working hours including weekends, as needed
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to travel 10% of the time on a yearly basis
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Supply Chain, Business, other related business field, other related technical field, or foreign equivalent
- Basic level of knowledge in material management process/procedure
- Proven track record to implement plans; effective organizational skills
- Ability to understand business needs and optimally lead related supply chain activities
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on dedications by holding others accountable and standing up for what's right
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of April 13, 2023.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.