Senior Client Services Consultant - Regional Markets
Job Location: United States : Illinois : Aurora
Alternate Job Location: United States : Illinois : Aurora || United States : Connecticut : Bloomfield || United States : Florida : Tampa
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Role Value Proposition:
The Senior Client Services Consultant provides administrative and customer service to very large group insurance clients. You will work with the account team to manage customer relationships and satisfaction with overall accountability for the day-to-day administration of multiple Regional Market Account clients with higher premiums.
Overall accountability for the day-to-day administration of multiple or complex clients, including:
- Receiving, analyzing, researching, and responding to client requests and leading projects
- Crafting and providing clients with alternative solutions to requests and identifying potential plan design alternatives
- Acting as the liaison between the client and internal MetLife teams by identifying the MetLife team that can best assist the client
- Working with clients’ Third-Party Administrators to facilitate problem resolution, trouble shooting, and implementation
- Acting as primary client contact and providing exceptional customer service thru ongoing customer delivery and client satisfaction by promptly and accurately addressing client’s questions or issues. Coordinating, planning, and facilitating client meetings, both in-person and via conference call. Drafting and preparing materials, agendas, and presentations for client meetings
- Leading client account audits and strategic planning processes for client accounts
- Partnering with MetLife’s Financial team in completion of client reports. Acting as project leader for the implementation of new clients and addition of MetLife product lines to existing clients. Leading customer implementation meetings and identifying and working with appropriate MetLife departments to ensure that MetLife meets key deliverables
- Leads initial strategy meetings, establishes specific processes and reports, reviews contract documents, completes broker agreements, creates process manuals, and inputs and ensures accurate installation of data in MetLife systems
- Analyzing complex multi-line plans to ensure that MetLife delivers on its contractual agreements with clients
- Identifying policies that fall outside of MetLife’s standard products and devising potential solutions to meet individual customer needs
- Identifying clients with billing and financial issues and determining the appropriate response based on account history, familiarity with client, and other subjective standards
- Serving as a key internal resource to MetLife departments and acting as a subject matter expert to client. Partnering with Proposal Unit to conduct research and respond to client RFP questionnaires
- Analyzing the detailed components and provisions in legal agreements between MetLife and the client and identifying and assisting in the facilitation of the execution of contracts to ensure legal and contractual compliance. Leading cross-functional project teams designed to identify innovative ways to support key Regional Market initiatives and to enhance MetLife’s general operational effectiveness
- Obtaining deep comprehension of MetLife competitors’ products, pricing, industry trends, and legal developments impacting business through independent research and market analysis. Applying that knowledge to improve client service and identify areas of growth. Understanding MetLife’s full range of group products, services, and systems. Applying that knowledge and using analytical skills to identify the interaction of these products, services, and systems to increase customer service and internal efficiency
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- 7+ years of account management, customer service, project management experience within the insurance industry
- Extensive experience managing complex client accounts and relationships
- Ability to analyze complex client accounts and drive timely solutions to customer issues
- Ability to answer wide range of client questions on-the-spot and provide potential solutions while balancing client expectations with MetLife capabilities
- Firm knowledge of group products, services and systems and ability to apply analytical skills to the interaction of these products, services, and systems
- General understanding of U.S. economy and employee benefits industry
- Self-motivated to learn more about the business and is proactive in personal development
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to work autonomously; effectively handle multiple tasks, prioritize deadlines appropriately and remain flexible
- Project management skills including problem solving, attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness
Up to 25%
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The wage range for applicants for this position is $73,500 - $98,000. This role is also eligible for annual short-term incentive compensation. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.