Sr. Customer Care Advocate Annuities Call Center Warwick, RI ($22 per hour)
Role Value Proposition:
As a leader in insurance, MetLife never underestimates the significance of the impact made by associates.
We are actively hiring Customer Service Representatives for our Annuities product line with our Warwick team on May 8th, 2023! As a Customer Service Rep, you will receive in-bound customer service inquiries via the telephone and resolve problems by putting customers at the heart of all you do.
Our successful candidates will leverage effective listening skills, an attention to detail, strong noetic curiosity, and an honest desire to make a difference to ensure each customer experience is exceptional. With an understanding of the customers’ needs and wants, and a focus on delivering solutions that meet those needs, you will deliver a service experience that exceeds expectations and makes it easy for customers to do business with us.
To enhance your success and engagement from day one and throughout your career, we provide various benefits including, but most definitely, not limited to:
- Paid training
- Dental, medical & life insurance
- Retirement plans including 401(k)
- Paid time off
- Paid overtime
- Programs designed to strengthen and reward your performance
- Virtual roles predominately work from a home office with periodic visits to the assigned GCSO office as needed for team events, meetings, training, business continuity, etc.
- Candidates must obtain FINRA Series 6 license within 90 days of hire - training and costs for the FINRA exam are covered by MetLife.
- Answers and documents incoming calls from Financial Service Representatives and/or clients to respond to their inquiries and/or provide status updates and policy provisions of fixed and variable annuity products.
- Completes financial transactions over the phone including withdrawals and changes to investment allocations. Educates Financial Service Representatives on market requirements, processes, contract provisions, and annuity products, providing 'Best in Class' customer service.
- Uses computerized systems to track, troubleshoot and gather information while tracking and reporting consistent issues or problem.
- Researches and responds to errors, application and contract discrepancies, and processing delays. Research special requests made by Financial Service Representatives and acts as a liaison between the representative and Annuity Operations.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- New hires should live a commutable distance from the site the role is posted in.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1 year of customer service experience.
- Must obtain FINRA Series 6 license within 90 days of hire - training and costs for the FINRA exam are covered by MetLife
- Ability to work during the hours of operation of 8:30am-6:30pm EST Monday-Friday; must be flexible regarding overtime & shift worked, which may change based on business needs.
- Some additional educational experience or a trade or professional certification is preferred; Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance strongly preferred.
- Insurance or Financial Services industry experience or Product specific experience strongly preferred
- Prior Call Center experience is preferred.
- A passion for serving customers and a personal commitment to following through in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A demonstrated ability to quickly learn and continuously develop functional knowledge and an understanding of company products as well as administrative, claims, underwriting and marketing functions.
- Strong computer/keyboard skills as well as solid math, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superb listening skills and professional oral & written communication skills with an ability to inspire trust and accountability though an empathetic communication style which promotes a quality image of MetLife.
Global Customer Service & Operations
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The wage for applicants for this position is $45,979.00 per year. This role is also eligible for annual short-term incentive compensation. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.