Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
Lower 48 Overview
The Lower 48 represents the largest ConocoPhillips business segment today based on production. The company has high-quality positions in the United States unconventionals, which are low cost of supply and low GHG intensity assets with significant upside potential.
The company’s large Lower 48 position of 10.8 million net acres, including unconventional holdings of approximately 2 million net acres, gives access to scalable inventory with low cost of supply and low GHG emissions intensity that can generate significant returns over many years of future development. The Lower 48 segment is organized into two business units covering the Permian and Gulf Coast & Rockies. Current major focus areas for the Lower 48 include the Delaware and Midland Basins in Permian, as well as the Eagle Ford and Bakken.
If you are selected as the Economist/Sr Economist you will be accountable for the provision of accurate, clear, and concise economic evaluations to the decision-makers within ConocoPhillips. This role will report to the Supervisor of Economics, and effectively integrate into a multi-disciplinary team, be able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and work under deadlines. The role is ideal for building upon an existing financial background and continued development in strategy and economic evaluations.
You may be eligible for the voluntary hybrid office work (HOW) program that is designed to provide employees with flexibility while maintaining the advantages of in-person engagement.
Your responsibilities may include\:
- Develop, maintain, and run economic models, primarily using Excel
- Act as the economic spokesperson for project teams in meetings with internal peer review teams and managers
- Respond to various inquiries and provide support to local management in decision-making and the understanding of business results and projections
- Generate ad hoc economics as and when requested (Sensitivities, Well economics, etc.)
- Partner up with ConocoPhillips Corporate Investment Appraisal and Permian Economics Supv to redesign and streamline existing complex models and processes used for project economics and A&D valuations
- Interface effectively with Corporate Investment Appraisal for project approvals and valuation activities
- Champion the use of Decision Quality methods to maximize the value for future Permian Assets Developments
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Economics, Engineering, or other related field, or foreign equivalent
- 3 years experience in the oil and gas industry
- Intermediate level of knowledge of how key financial and quantitative indicators impact the business
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS O365 applications\: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, and Teams
- 1 years of experience preparing and delivering presentations to leaders
- 1 years of experience using economic modeling skills utilizing tools
- 1 years of experience facilitating multidisciplinary teams in problem solving sessions
- Intermediate level of proficiency with upstream project cash flow construction, economic measures of merits, and other financial metrics
- Intermediate level of knowledge of decision and risk analysis processes and methods
- Strong focus on quality control and ability to start and finish tasks independently
- Highly motivated, results oriented and able to manage multiple tasks, interfaces, and delivery dates
- Strong team orientation, demonstrating a high level of cooperation
- Self starter with ability to handle responsibility and periodically high workloads
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on dedications by holding others accountable and standing up for what's right
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of June 18, 2023.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.