Role Value Proposition
MetLife Group Operations has a keen focus on delivering exceptional customer service to our group benefit customers. The Account Management Consultant role is a key component of our service delivery model. The Account Management Consultant is the main point of contact for our brokers. In addition, the Account Management Consultant will provide key support functions across our different Regional Market customer segments, as well as support our sales partners with internal and external post-sale activities associated with the acquisition of new business and in maintaining existing customer relationships.
- Directly aligned with an Account Executive and maintain overall responsibility for the designated sales partner book of business
- Facilitate weekly work team huddles and collaborate with dedicated internal partners to ensure customer deliverables are met
- Acting as a liaison between customer, broker, and internal teams to initiate and execute action plans for customer resolution
- Serve as the initial point of contact for assigned brokers with regard to service-related escalations and work internally to resolve
- Lead resolution of complex or persistent situations where escalation or unique solutions are required
- Request and analyze reports related to customer plan experience as well as broker commissions
- Organize and attend various customer and broker-facing meetings either in person or virtually and develop marketing plans and presentation materials for such meetings as needed
- Actively participate in finalist meetings for prospective customers and stewardship meetings for existing customers
- Ensure proper licensing, appointment and commission paperwork is in good order for writing agents
- Demonstrate strong customer-specific product knowledge and provide consultative assistance on issues related to customer benefit plans, while staying informed of specific customer activities taking place (acquisitions, divestures, layoffs, budget challenges, etc.)
- Actively participate in the implementation process to ensure a smooth onboarding experience for new and existing customers
- Track customer renewal statuses and margin position, negotiate rates, work with underwriting to request alternate plan designs as necessary, and notify internal partners of plan design changes to initiate the amendment process
- Build and maintain long-term trusted relationships with customers to support retention and growth of the accounts
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- 2+ years of account management experience, direct customer-facing experience preferred
- Tenacious problem solver
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace environment with competing priorities
- Excellent presentation skills, oral and written communication skills with clients and internally
- Highly motivated, agile, and able to operate effectively within a team
- Strong insurance product knowledge and underwriting skills
- Outstanding organization skills with extreme attention to detail
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction and obtaining results
- Proficient in PowerPoint and MS Excel
- State Life, Accident and Health license or the ability to obtain within 90 days of date of hire
- High School diploma
- Bachelor’s degree
- State Life, Accident and Health license
- 5+ years related customer service experience
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.