Senior Trust Administrator
Address:111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:Wealth Sales & Service
Provides high quality sales and service to Trust & Estate clients to deliver an exceptional client experience. Provides technical expertise for all aspects of Trust & Estate account management and administration to ensure compliance. Works collaboratively within the branch and the regional team as part of the client/relationship management solution. Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups as appropriate.
- Identifies opportunities to grow existing relationships and develop new business.
- Makes presentations to clients/prospects in conjunction with others based upon their needs.
- Provides day to day technical support team members responsible for fiduciary account management.
- Manages trust, agency or probate accounts in the role of trustee.
- May act as the Relationship Manager to assigned clients and effectively interacts with others assigned to the client/relationship team.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business and the client.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Coordinates the management of databases; ensures alignment and integration of data in adherence with data governance standards.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Oversees maintenance of Policies and Procedures Manual as required by internal and external changes.
- Reviews requests with Fiduciary to make discretionary decisions to about actions to be taken.
- Cross trains team members to ensure coverage and contingency.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Performs set up & maintenance of Trust & Estate accounts ensuring all compliance requirements are met within acceptable time frames.
- Ensures the timely and accurate processing of trade order management activities.
- Supports in audits and compliance reviews as assigned.
- Identifies and escalates all irregularities and discrepancies to management.
- Oversees maintenance of Policies and Procedures Manual as required by internal and external changes..
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Develops and manages a business/group program.
- Reviews the program for effectiveness, considers industry trends and recommends enhancements; makes changes as required.
- Identifies business needs, designs/develops tools and training programs; may include delivery of training to audiences.
- Performs sales & service support activities as required to meet client needs and maintain overall service levels.
- Provides administrative support to team members and relationship managers that includes financial reports, asset & account reconciliation, compliance, trade activity, posting, fee collection and other related activities; ensures proper documentation and administration decisions.
- Meets high-quality service standards to maximize relationship retention and growth.
- Develops rapport and instills confidence with the client to develop credibility and earn their trust.
- Follows through on the risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers’ assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensures an effectively run function.
- Protects the Bank's assets and complies with all regulatory, legal and ethical requirements.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Personal Trust Administration processes and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of Trust Tax, Trust Accounting and Investment Management
- In-depth knowledge of fiduciary laws including estate planning techniques, relevant tax regulations.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.