Managed Services Senior Engineer - UC-CCE
CDW’s vision is to be THE national provider of Managed Services. We’ll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Managed Services. Senior Engineers are independent technology leaders at CDW. Senior Engineers understand customer business needs and apply the necessary technical breadth to providing top level technical support services and operational leadership, including problem resolution, and technical change implementation for Managed Services clients. This Senior Engineer will be responsible for providing high quality Unified Communications expertise in the Contact Center space. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to provide direction and guidance to local and remote team members. Candidate must have a minimum of five years of experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform client consulting in a specialized area of technology - Unified Communications Contact Center Enterprise and Express Solutions
- Own monitoring profiles for Cisco Contact Center Enterprise as well as Cisco Contact Center Express.
- Research emerging technologies and help make recommendations on whether or how to incorporate technology into Managed Services.
- Off-hours on-call support on a rotating basis is required. Occasional scheduled and unscheduled weekend and night work is expected.
- Provide innovative technical solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
- Provide design, implementation, technical support services and/or consulting to Managed Services clients to meet their business needs.
- Understand and Deliver Managed Services offerings as outlined in the CDW Service Catalog
- Understand and follow the processes and procedures defined in the CDW Managed Services Standard Operating Procedures manual (SOP).
- Assist in creating and documenting policies and procedures.
- Understand SLAs in a production environment and proactively strive to meet the commitments.
- Provide support to Service Account Managers, Project Managers and product developers.
- Assist Professional Services team when required with client consultation including assessing and recommending architectural designs/changes to client systems in response to performance issues, growth requirements, etc.
- Provide detailed and effective communication to internal and external customers
- Clearly and concisely articulate problems and solutions for issues to clients both over the phone, via e-mail and in person.
- Member of on-call rotation to provide 24 X 7 support to critical systems and ensure availability objectives are met.
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling to the sales team
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approval
- As a Senior Engineer provide technical services with no supervision from Supervisors, Team Leads, and Technology Owners
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with little supervision.
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements, and internal projects
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management
- Performs scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training, etc).
- Handles several tasks simultaneously (ie: troubleshoots and develops internal network, responds to emergencies).
- Communicates with Engineering Manager all events that are not anticipated (new product requirements, equipment failure, design changes, schedule changes).
- Responds to all customers professionally and courteously and relays any customer questions or concerns to manager.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of CDW through performing behaviors consistent with the CDW Way.
- Review assigned service requests daily, following up and providing status updates to clients; ensure data pertaining to the status of service requests is entered into the problem tracking systems accurately and promptly to provide an up-to-date picture of service delivery status and backlog.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
Tests, evaluates, and develops new products, offerings, and solutions.
- Analyze the existing voice and data networks and recommend solutions
- Follow life-cycle oriented processes and procedures
- Assist in the management of projects using CDW's project management methodology
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of projects in more complex engagements
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements
- Proactively develops plans and activities to avoid problems
- Educates the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life
- Provide ongoing information to management, clients, and peers regarding health of the environment, enhancements, innovations and solutions.
- Represent the Managed Services team in planning and client meetings.
- Contribute to written proposals and technical documentation.
- Communicate with management, help desk team, and other IT groups when issues arise or a major problem is suspected.
Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
Four to six years of large-scale, enterprise-class planning, design, implementation and support experience
Advanced level technical certifications or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
Minimum 2 years consulting experience
Minimum of three years related experience in infrastructure/network environments, with some experience in network engineering (hardware and software), network security practices and designing, planning and implementing LANs and WANs using the latest technology
In depth experience with Cisco Unified Communications (UCM, CME, CUC, CUE, UCCE, CCX, MRA, Expressways, B2B Video, TPX and Video Endpoints, Firewalls, Cisco LAN Switches, Routers and Voice Gateways, CUBE, etc)
Detailed knowledge and understanding of SIP Protocol
Experience with call flow analysis
Experience in Cisco PBX and/or Call Center systems engineering experience
Previous experience developing and delivering complex technical presentations
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet client needs
Prior HCS experience
In depth QOS design and implementation experience
Minimum of one year experience in programming or analytical work preferred CCNA, CCNP or CCDP certification preferred
Excellent communication skills
Project oversight responsibilities and mentoring experience preferred
Programming experience with any of the following manufacturers' products: Nortel, Avaya, Siemens, or Aspect
Hands-on experience in a large Data Center environment
ITIL Foundations Certification
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.