Technical Lead (Hire to Retire Onboarding)
A Lead Onboarding Developer works within the Allegis Group system development lifecycle (SDLC) to develop software applications that meet business requirements while also leading/mentoring other developers. mentoring, guiding and leading other Developers. A Lead Developer helps the other developers on the team develop their skills. They lead code reviews and make sure the optimal solution is developed. As Lead Developer one is expected to research, design and develop enterprise-wide systems and applications. They are responsible for identifying and implementing innovative and efficient applications to ensure the best experience for the user. Also evaluates current operations to determine areas that need enhancements or restoration.
This position will also take on the Track Lead role for the Hire to Retire Onboarding Products.
As EVOLVE Track Lead:
- Data Conversion - including
- Validations for all reference and employee objects every conversion cycle.
- Participating data conversion meetings for Lean spec mappings and provide all inputs needed to map current PS fields to future
- Driving data conversion meetings for defect resolution.
- Review the design and build work completed by Deloitte team.
- Coordination with all external and internal boundary system applications and run technical discussions for
- Boundary system alignment
- Interim state discussion
- Any further design discussions
- Planning, driving and tracking all technical discussions related within Core HR, Onboarding and related applications.
- Supporting POs and Deloitte team with all kind of data pull requests for reference or employee data for them to enable functional decisions.
As Development Lead:
- Provide strong knowledge of the application, system development tools, and the technology procedures and standards within an assigned service area; stay informed of changing technology
- Have an understanding of industry best-practice software development processes
- Work to translate the customer’s business needs into a technological solution
- Develop accurate level of effort (LOE) estimates; review LOEs with other team members
- Perform code reviews and or design reviews
Supervisory or Management Responsibility:
- With management guidance and support, will provide training, mentoring, and support for assigned team members both on-shore and off-shore.
- Provide accurate LOE’s and adhere to timelines, as well as escalating to management where applicable to help mitigate cost and risk exposures
- No direct budgeting responsibilities
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Business, or related major or equivalent business experience
- 10+ years of IS experience and technical proficiency with the ERP Suite and Tools
- Experience with Hire to Retire global functionality
Skills / Abilities:
- Applies depth of expertise in own discipline to guide others in the application of principles and concepts and to interpret complexities, nuances, and anomalies of current vs future state business rules and related processes
- Establishes protocols and processes for the discipline of software development
- Applies domain knowledge to guide the application of best practices within Information Services for root cause analysis, software development, data flow analysis, and related tools
- Interprets internal/external business challenge, assesses current/industry practices and selects best practices to improve products, processes, or services
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Communicates difficult or sensitive concepts and works to build consensus
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile / SAFe and other all key information service standards
- Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
- Build relationships
- Develop people
- Lead change
- Inspire others
- Think critically
- Communicate clearly
- Create accountability