Senior Cyber Defense Specialist
- Researches, identifies, validates, and verifies new Advanced Persistent Threat tactics, techniques, and procedures from commercial and government sources.
- Provides recommendations to strengthen the client’s overall Cybersecurity posture.
- Applies knowledge of monitoring, analyzing, detecting, and responding to Cyber events and incidents within information systems and networks.
- Advises on Cybersecurity defense and leverages solutions to deliver operational services, including network intrusion, detection and prevention, security events, data spillage, and incident responses.
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements.
- Stay up to date on all NSA and NIAP CSFC requirements.
- Responsible for the integration and implementation of computer system security solutions.
- Performs other tasks as required by OSC and the Government contracting office.
- Position will work on-site
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical degree or equivalent years of relevant military service
- 8 years of Information Assurance/Cyber experience
- 8 years of Federal and/or DoD experience
- DoD/OPM Secret or Top-Secret Clearance
- DoD 8570 level II IAT Level III (example: CISSP or equivalent).
- Familiarity with NSAs commercial solutions for classified (CSfC) Program.
- Familiarity with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Secure Technical
- Implementation Guidelines (STIGs)
- Experience with remediating identified Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) within DoD systems
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to details.
- Abilities to work independently and to manage time effectively.
- Effective communication skills with an appreciation for the appropriate ways to interact with managers, coworkers, customers and vendors
- Travel between 25% to 50%
- Ability to work off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Desirable: Security+, CEH, Linux+, AWS Certs, Redhat
- Knowledge of compliance standards for the organization to include NIST 80053 controls, RMF, 800-53, FEDRAMP, agency specific requirements and emerging IC/DoD polices for Cyber Security with a particular focus on Cross Domain Solutions
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.