Global FacOps Asset Quality Manager
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates to deliver our innovative services. Meta is seeking a highly experienced, outgoing, and self-motivated Quality Assurance Manager to lead our Quality Assurance program in support of our growing fleet of data centers. The QA Manager will develop the strategies and drive the creation of associated implantation plans to create a Quality program centered on delivering world-class Data Centers. This position is full-time and will oversee the quality program at data center locations across the globe. Managing stakeholders located across all regions and time zones is a significant challenge and is key to the success of our projects.
Global FacOps Asset Quality Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead a high performing team, including managers, responsible for asset quality assurance that supports Meta’s data center fleet.
- Drive a quality assurance strategy for our data centers that incorporates industry leading techniques and methodologies.
- Oversees and coordinates the Contractor Improvement Program (CIP).
- Develop strategy and manage an effective Quality Assurance management program that delivers world class data center operations.
- Direct the efforts of a QA and sub-contractors team in developing and executing the overall program.
- Manage delivery of overall Quality for simultaneous data center construction new build and retrofit projects, working closely with Sourcing and Construction quality teams.
- Lead quality meetings with construction, design, and operations leadership teams.
- Develop, refine, and manage Data Center New Build success metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Execute and improve cradle to grave material Quality Assurance program to track Owner Furnished Contractor Installed (OFCI) equipment through original lot number, factory out the door certification, on-site receipt, proper installation, commissioning, final certification and ongoing maintenance.
- Ensure thorough failure analysis, accurate report generation, and execution of corrective actions in accordance with lessons learned.
- Provide executive briefings to Infrastructure Data Center management concerning the overall health of the Quality Assurance program and strategic direction at quarterly intervals.
- Interface with internal organizations and stakeholders to include DC Design, Construction, Operations, and Procurement.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 25%.
- 15+ years QA experience in mission critical fields
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, similar field of study, or relevant experience
- 10+ years of experience developing and managing high-performance technical or quality teams, including managing through complex cross functional relationships and managing managers
- Experience with ISO 9001 certification process
- Experience creating and innovating on QA programs
- Quality inspection, auditing, and testing experience
- Experience managing through third parties and sub-contractors
- Experience driving improved Quality at scale
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs
- Experience working across functional and department lines
- Track record of analytical and critical thinking
- Track record of communicating to all organization levels
- Experience with standard Data Center equipment or other industry equivalent such as: electrical distribution equipment from switchgear to panel boards, VFDs, low voltage power and molded case circuit breakers, overhead IT busway, Diesel Generators, DX units, air handlers, water treatment equipment, BMS modules, and hot aisle containment accessories
- Certifications in Six Sigma, Quality Auditor, and/or Quality Engineer
- Bachelors in engineering
- Certifications in ASQ, CQE, CRE, CQA, CMA/OE