Protedyne Corporation, a subsidiary of Labcorp, has an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer at our Windsor, CT headquarters to support the Hardware Engineering Department by performing technical activities as part of electro-mechanical product development team.
- Responsible for electrical/electronic aspects of product design, development, and prototyping.
- Design electrical and electronic circuits.
- Generate drawings and other design documentation.
- Select components and component suppliers.
- Digital hardware/architecture design.
- Microcontroller/Microprocessor architecture design.
- Embedded software design.
- Develop product manufacturing instructions.
- Enter design and parts data into the ERP system.
- Define/Refine electronics architecture platforms across multiple products.
- Support sustaining activities of existing products.
- Refine electrical and overall product development process.
- Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 3 years recent design experience.
- Ability to design electrical and electronic circuits for Controls and Power Distribution.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret design requirements, and regulatory and quality standards.
- Detailed understanding of electronics and embedded systems.
- Excellent electrical CAD skills, including schematic capture, simulation, PCB layout, and component library management.
- Basic mechanical CAD ability.
- Basic mechanical and electrical assembly skills.
- Good writing and oral communications skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Design of Motion Control and Servo systems. Experience with programmable multi-axis motion controllers, servo motor amplifiers, servo loop tuning, and motor selection and sizing.
- Machine Vision and Camera System experience for inspection and guidance.
- Analog design experience in ADC, DAC and AFE circuit design, analog sensor interface design, AC mains circuit design up to 208V.
- Digital design experience in: High speed digital system design, High speed digital interfaces: (Gigabit Ethernet, USB3.0, HDMI), Microcontroller circuit design.
- Experience with Ethernet, CAN and RS-485 based industrial fieldbuses.
- Experience with embedded Linux systems.
- System design experience in: Analog circuits, Digital circuits, High speed digital design, Design for Electromagnetic Compatibility, Design for reliability, serviceability and manufacturability, Reliability test development and execution, Troubleshooting and debugging of complex mixed signal systems.
Skills/Knowledge in the following is desirable:
- Industrial robotics and automation
- Ethernet & Industrial IO networks
- Serial Communications
- Safety for Automation
- Sensor Technology
- ID/Barcode technology
- Machine Design for NEC, UL, and CE compliance
- Programming in various industrial languages
- Process Control for heating and cooling
- Conveyor Systems
- Part Feeding
- System Installation, Commissioning, & End-User Training
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .