Business Development Manager - Newark, DE
The BDM leads business development and marketing activities, including planning and strategy for a specifically assigned market segment or region. Provides vision for long-term marketplace viability and success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- In conjunction with General Manager and/or operational sales team, develop and implement objectives and strategies in support of overall company business development goals in the assigned segment.
- Lead efforts to research and determine qualified target areas, projects, and clients.
- Establish and maintain an external presence in the marketplace.
- Develop new sales leads through cold calling, market research, and participate in industry events.
- Prepare and execute business development action plans for specific targets.
- Work with Operations to develop project teams for specific proposals.
- Supervise the development of proposals, presentations and brochure materials. Train and assist project team in making effective presentations.
- Meet Client's needs prior to contract execution and through project completion. Provide advice and counsel; act as liaison, provide planning, etc. to prospective and current clients.
- Work with General Manager and legal advisors to negotiate favorable contract terms and conditions.
- Ensure strict adherence to all ethics and compliance requirements.
- Manage Business Development Engineers, including completion of employee evaluations and development plans.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree with a minimum of seven years of construction industry experience. Must have a good understanding of commercial construction, including a field perspective and/or work in a preconstruction capacity. Must display initiative, leadership, and independent thinking in a team environment; strong ability to solve problems. Proven interpersonal, verbal and written skills. Must have advanced presentation/sales skills.
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor