Senior Superintendent - Healthcare Construction
Turner Construction is an industry leading
commercial construction general contractor with a 120 year history spanning
iconic projects around the globe, including
10 of the world's 100 tallest buildings. For the past 40
Seattle office has helped shape our local skyline with
projects such as Century
Link Field, the Seattle Aquarium, and Two Union Square. Seattle's
current working portfolio includes everything from shell and core towers to
elaborate biotech renovations to elementary schools. We are looking for experienced
Superintendents with an emphasis in Healthcare Construction.
The successful candidate is an excellent communicator, a team player, and possesses the managerial skills to lead a project team in the field. Please include a project list, including dates, project type, revenue, and your specific role.
Position Description: Supervises the field construction of a single large or complex project or multiple projects, including organization, planning, and scheduling, in order to complete the work on time, within budget, and to quality specified.
Reports to: Project Manager or Project Executive
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Primary liaison with owners/architects/engineers for the day-to-day construction activities of the project.
- Participate in project pursuits, proposals and presentations. Main contributor in securing the project during the competition phase.
- Lead, supervise and develop Superintendents and other staff, including providing input on or complete performance appraisals.
- Develop and implement overall project set-up and site logistics plan and identifying project-specific scope of work to implement the plan.
- Develop and implement overall project work schedules identifying the critical path including the expediting of scheduled critical materials and equipment for their timely delivery to site.
- Review and respond to subcontractor schedule impacts and or claims of productivity impacts.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Develop and manage the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Manage and make decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Document project field issues that impact budget, quality or schedule.
- Respond to subcontractor requests for field issues that impact budget, quality or schedule.
- Oversee work among all trades to promote a coordinated project operation. Resolve local area problems, regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Manage labor relations with subcontractors and Turner trade staff.
- Implement mock-ups and associated testing, review and approval.
- Ensure all necessary permits and insurance are in place and kept current for the term of the project. Act as liaison to inspection agencies.
- Perform in the capacity of Stormwater Compliance Coordinator (SCC) in accordance with Turner’s Stormwater Compliance Program.
- Manage the General Conditions (GCs) and General Requirements (GRs) (back page) for the project to maintain the budget.
- Manage the billing process as it relates to Work-In-Place (WIP) and oversee the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices, and subcontractor payment applications.
- Manage the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and confirms to the approved contract documents.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of four years’ related training and at least 15 years of building construction experience required, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proficient in all aspects of building systems. Thorough knowledge and understanding of the general and subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, construction means, methods and materials, understanding of line and grade and survey methods. Proficient knowledge of building codes and compliance. Proficient knowledge of construction cost control and accounting procedures. Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite programs. Proficient knowledge and use of scheduling software required. Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as Building Information Models (BIM) and Lean to benefit the project. Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to communicate with both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of accounting and cost control procedures.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor